Sign in to follow this  
BrisFan

Spring Meeting Minutes Clarification

Can anyone explain what this means? from the Spring meeting.

"Take top 6 from each region to state making 30 of 32 spots on the bracket also using the current roll up plan 2 regions will qualify a 7th wrestler from each weight class to complete our 32 man bracket"

we are now running a 32 man bracket with 32 wrestlers. Your coach can explain the process. If you need a better explanation. 

On 5/16/2019 at 9:53 AM, grappler-of-old said:

Just to be devil's advocate.  Will there be 6 wrestlers in each wt. class in each region? 

I don’t think so... there were some weights (mostly uppers) where each wrestler was an automatic qualifier due to there only being four wrestlers in the weight class.  

7 hours ago, Dblev275 said:

I don’t think so... there were some weights (mostly uppers) where each wrestler was an automatic qualifier due to there only being four wrestlers in the weight class.  

This is what I was referring to.  Many brackets will be short wrestlers in some regions. 

I understand that however this was proposed and will be voted on by the coaches. As of now its not a set thing. again the point of this to to try and eliminated as many byes as possible at the state tournamment. I a parent or wrestler has any issues with something they read in the minutes, I would highly suggest they urge their caoches to attend the Spring and Fall meetings and make their voices heard.

4 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

I understand that however this was proposed and will be voted on by the coaches. As of now its not a set thing. again the point of this to to try and eliminated as many byes as possible at the state tournamment. I a parent or wrestler has any issues with something they read in the minutes, I would highly suggest they urge their caoches to attend the Spring and Fall meetings and make their voices heard.

To be fair, you would have to know when those meetings are in order to attend. 

Question:  Does the middle school not follow the 5 match rule?  I just looked at the state tourney from last year and many wrestled 6 matches and I saw 3 kids wrestle 8 matches at the state tourney at 140, 152, and 240.  WOW 

9 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Question:  Does the middle school not follow the 5 match rule?  I just looked at the state tourney from last year and many wrestled 6 matches and I saw 3 kids wrestle 8 matches at the state tourney at 140, 152, and 240.  WOW 

They havent followed the 5 match rule for almost a decade GOO, get out from under your rock, lol.  MS is lined up with USA wrestling, and therefore does not have a match limit. 

• Upvote 1