Sign in to follow this  
Just a Coach

Middle School Nationals 04/05 - 04/07

Good Afternoon Folks,

We have finally gotten some dates nailed down, I am still reaching out to other wrestlers and coaches to attend so we have the most competitive team in the state to represent Ky in Danville, Illinois.

Please come ready to Wrestle. All state qualifiers are encouraged to come out and challenge for positions on the team or just practice if you want. We will have some coaching from the staff and wrestlers at Lindsey Wilson. Lets show them that Ky can wrestle with the best of them.

03/09/19 compete in KWOA tournament 

03/16/19 12:00 CST 1:00 PM est Lindsey Wilson College

03/30/19 12:00 CST 1:00 PM est Lindsey Wilson College  

KWOA Spring Classic (2019).docx

• Upvote 1

Good Evening Coaches,

Saturday 03/16/19 1;00 p.m. eastern 12:00 central, we are having practice and wreslte offs for Team Ky. Lindsey College Wrestling team is kind enough to host us for this event. They will have coaches and some wrestles there to help with tips during practice. If you have any of you wrestles especially State placers that are interested in wrestling off for a position please feel free to email ,e directly at   jhale345@gmail.com so I can get a head count. 

9 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

Looking Decent, not great yet but I have big shoes to fill.Wrestle offs are saturday and so far I have 6 comiited from Region 5 

Haha!! I’m glad to hand it off. It was a awesome trip the last 2 years and I enjoyed the friendships I made all over the State. Just don’t blow up your wife’s SUV and have to buy her a new one to get home!!

What is the format for the wrestle offs? I have a couple of thoughts on the subject.

(1) Wrestle offs should take place prior to the practice; e.g., it would not be fair to penalize tired wrestlers in a wrestle off because they worked hard during the practice.

(2) As a general rule, a state champion should only wrestle off against a single opponent. If multiple challengers want to throw their hats in the ring, then they should wrestle off against each other to determine who gets a shot at the champ.

Holloway Health and Wellness Center
399 Williams St
Columbia, KY 42728
Once inside you will look for "the vault" along the back wall. That is our wrestling room

2019 Ky National Duals Team has been set 

All together we have  the team consists of:

10 finalist 5 more placers and 2 non placers 

75lb Sebastian Vega - Ryle

80lb TJ Sulfsted - Woodland

86lb  TJ Meyer - Walton Verona

90lb Tanner Spalding - Walton Verona

95lb Maxx Speaker - River City

102lb  Hunter Isaacs - Walton Verona

110lb Jude Powell - River City

117lb Trevor Villiums - Fern Creek

125lb Jacob Fulkerson - Central Hardin