DrBaker

Streaming finals

Why can't they be televised? I know hundreds of people that would pay to watch on track here in Union. I have people texting me all weekend and there were hundreds listening to the radio to try and follow along. On Trackwrestling, there isn't even the dashboard to follow scores on all the mats. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

Why can't they be televised? I know hundreds of people that would pay to watch on track here in Union. I have people texting me all weekend and there were hundreds listening to the radio to try and follow along. On Trackwrestling, there isn't even the dashboard to follow scores on all the mats. 

And the KHSAA took it one step further the wrong direction by banning teams the use of mat boss on the floor, in the corner with one of the 2 coaches,  Teams use it to keep score and video our own matches for wrestlers/coaches to critique a match.  It was told to us that it was their right to not allow anything like this on the floor and that’s the only explanation needed. 

It's pretty pitiful. I just watched 1/2 of the Indiana state championships on Fox Sports and it was incredible. How can it be brought up that they can make money from it?

11 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

It's pretty pitiful. I just watched 1/2 of the Indiana state championships on Fox Sports and it was incredible. How can it be brought up that they can make money from it?

I’d say contacting Julien Tackett or Mike Barron directly. If they offer it televised or streamed for Basketball, then that should used by the wrestling association to ask for transparency and equality.  Just like Girls State Wrestling, I’m sure they will pick it up this year, since they didn’t last month and the association put it on, if they’re not wanting issues with title 9 lawsuits from parents with girls. 

• Like 1