Sign in to follow this  
JHamBCalumni

Best Match @ State

Agree this should not be about attacking a kid or his coaches. Great kid and coaches. No reason to question their character at all. But it would be nice to get an explanation of what the officials saw that was different from the spectators. 

As I said I give the "benefit of the doubt"  to the Team's coaches. Nothing about character was mentioned. It is you who are shifting the subject. I was saying there are some people who said he didn't do the broomstick. However, Bates claims he did do it and many times in the past. I don't think he would do it if he knew it were a dangerous move. Both Deck and Bates are good Christian boys. Enough said.

To close the loop on my earlier comment I have since been made aware of the official who was on the whistle for the Deck-Bates match and have a pretty good idea of what he did and did not see. In high level matches like this so many actions happen in the blink of an eye and depending on your viewpoint at that split second you may see things differently. Heck even when you go back and look at pics and video from different angles you sometimes see different things. Trust me. I’ve done exactly that more than a few times over the last 10 days. And while I disagreed with the call in OT during my kids match (hence a trip to the scorers table to discuss), if my kid is blessed enough to make a return trip to the state finals in the next few seasons I would put Jason Sedoris on my short list of officials who I would want on the mat during that match. Back to the match at hand and the official involved and I say the same thing. He is a very very good official who would also be on that short list for me. While you may not agree with the call made or not made on the mat, trust me in this, he made the call that he felt was correct in that split second he had to make a decision and based on what he actually saw (not what he thought he saw or thought might have happened). I think this has been said before, but these guys really want to do a good job. And watching Josh officiate hundreds of matches, he does just that.