Sign in to follow this  
bluegrassbrawler

2019 state tournament firsts

15 minutes ago, wrestlingfan2 said:

Was this the first time a girl won(pinned) a match at boy's state tournament? 106 Ashley Courtney

No. Priscilla Brownfield(campbell co) went 3-2 at state in 2006

1 hour ago, 8798 said:

I believe this may be beating a dead horse, as years past have indicated, but how do we try to get the ball rolling?  Contact Mike Breen? Contact Sarah Bridenbaugh? Is there a board of coaches who would do so? (There is not even a Sports Advisory Committee roster listed for wrestling) Honestly, if they gave us one hour (maybe less) to set-up before the finals we could do something great for the kids and spectators.

I'm with you on this one. I have emailed the KHSAA in the past with no replies. Tired of them only having something to do with Wrestling when they are going to make money off of it. 

It would help if they tried to entice school participation to do a wrestling program. You have 10 core sports that are usually a norm across the nation:

1. Golf
  2. Cross Country
  3. Football/Volleyball
  4. Soccer
  5. Wrestling
  6. Basketball
  7. Tennis
  8. Baseball/Softball
  9. Track
  10. Swimming

In Kentucky we have counties that have a sport but no surrounding county schools have them. All schools being built should have a facility to accommodate sports.

And older schools build a field house to help accommodate them. We asked Franklin County school board if we could build a multipurpose building for Volleyball, Wrestling, Archery, Track Conditioning, Cheer and dance teams. Well pretty much got told if I fund it and build to there specs and sign it over to School Corp then it they would do it...In back of my mind I was thinking yeah right...You'll re-purpose the facility to there liking and we would be shoved back to the small class rooms, hallways, etc.. to have our practices.  Lottery Money that is purposed to the schools shouldn't all be Academic, sports play a major role in developing these kids into being positive part of society. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cbc said:

Take it back to Frankfort and let us have shenanigans!! Let it get wild

The Dungeon is no longer there, sadly. If it was, I'd be all for moving it back to Frankfort.

1 minute ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

That guy was a character. Great personality.

Coach Cullen has had some characters on his teams over the years. Bailey was (and most likely still is) a larger than life personality that I'm glad I got to write about.

1 hour ago, Josh_Claywell said:

The Dungeon is no longer there, sadly. If it was, I'd be all for moving it back to Frankfort.

You couldnt have moved back if it was still there anyways.  After they had to become ADA compliant you could only get two mats on the floor.