Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - February 11

Ok, final rankings of 2019 before we hit the mats in Lexington.  A lot of kids who didn't compete this past weekend and were dropped from the rankings.  A few that were sick or injured and had some weird results.  But overall a lot of great wrestling around the state, but a ton to process.

Still looking like Union is the favorite to win it again, but Johnson Central will be bringing a formidable group with Christian County solidly in the #3 position.

Note regarding dual rankings.  This is a totally objective calculated ranking.  It is based on a formula that assumes teams have their full lineup available and at their usual weight.  I don't go back and adjust for actual results.

Ranger report will be coming out in the next 48 or so hours.  Without my partner in crime on site (Dutch is still helping out, just not full time), I had to recruit my wife to do some of the hard work.

Rankings_18_19_0211.pdf

Cant wait to see the Ranger Report. I have a feeling this Stevens vs Duke match up (if it were to happen) will open some people's eyes about how good Colin Stevens is. Or could show that Duke is the real deal. Either way, there are a ton of high firepower matchups in the second round alone, with a few first round matchups worth the price of admission. Don't even get me started on potential quarterfinal matchups. Don't want to miss Friday that's for sure. Go ahead and request off for work, make sure you're there for the 9am whistle. 

Thank you, Ranger.  I do not think it can be overstated how much your work is important to the viability of wrestling in Kentucky.  As far as I know, you are the only person consistently putting out rankings of wrestlers in this state (and doing so despite less than satisfactory input of data by schools). Even if coaches don't like their wrestlers focusing on rankings, your work nevertheless keeps renewed fan/parent interest and debate, increases the optics for media coverage, and provides at least a baseline for preparation for matches and measurement of opponents.  These things are important to the sport. If there is to be a future seeding of a state tournament, your work will be the first evidence relied upon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1