Dc8017

State brackets

The random draw and seeding will always come into question. The 32 man vs 16 man brackets will raise the same eyebrows. At the end of the day, there is not a parent or coach that has any real say on the outcome. It will be these young men making their own way. Some will battle through “unfavorable” draws. Some will fold to the pressure. Some will make excuses, some will rise to the challenge. Either way, this is the most exciting time of the year for any wrestler, coach, parent or fan. Best of luck to all you guys out there. Be grateful for every moment you have out on that mat. That goes for parents too. Be grateful for every second that you get to watch them compete, because one day, it’s all over. Unfortunately, sometimes a lot sooner than you think it will be. Just the nature of the sport I guess. I pray for everyone’s safe travels and safe tournament. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

The way I see it, “unfavorable draws” actually help the case for MOW for those that survive it.

However, the only match that justifiably caused any outrage that I’ve seen in my short coaching career was Bryce Sheffer vs Trent Johnson in the quarters on a Friday afternoon when everyone (including my pet lizard) knew that match should have happened on Saturday night under the lights. 

Here’s to a good week of preparation and performance this weekend....

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, GentleBeard said:

The way I see it, “unfavorable draws” actually help the case for MOW for those that survive it.

However, the only match that justifiably caused any outrage that I’ve seen in my short coaching career was Bryce Sheffer vs Trent Johnson in the quarters on a Friday afternoon when everyone (including my pet lizard) knew that match should have happened on Saturday night under the lights. 

Here’s to a good week of preparation and performance this weekend....

It happens in 1/2 of the classes. There’s no outrage because it doesn’t do any good. A few weights have a shot at a final 1 vs 2. (126, 145, 160, 220). I know that last year, it was disappointing to see Johnson v Lawrence and Andreoni v Buckman early. 

9 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

It happens in 1/2 of the classes. There’s no outrage because it doesn’t do any good. A few weights have a shot at a final 1 vs 2. (126, 145, 160, 220). I know that last year, it was disappointing to see Johnson v Lawrence and Andreoni v Buckman early. 

106 and 182 also have a chance at 1 vs. 2 finals.

I do not believe that we can, on one hand, lament the lack of coach's input on track and other lack of providing information during the season, and then, on the other hand, argue that state brackets should be seeded.  If there is a dearth of information being provided, then seeding isn't going to be accurate.  Until we, collectively, are better at providing information to paint an accurate picture, we will always have KHSAA random draws.  Just my .02 on a rainy post-region Monday.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mr. Perfect said:

I do not believe that we can, on one hand, lament the lack of coach's input on track and other lack of providing information during the season, and then, on the other hand, argue that state brackets should be seeded.  If there is a dearth of information being provided, then seeding isn't going to be accurate.  Until we, collectively, are better at providing information to paint an accurate picture, we will always have KHSAA random draws.  Just my .02 on a rainy post-region Monday.

If you have seeding, then you will have the records entered.  As it is now, no penalty is enforced if you dont enter them.  That is on the KHSAA and the Coaches Association.

Actually all records are updated on track just by entering them into track.  As a casual spectator you cannot see them. 

If you have access to them as a coach then you can look at any team look under "matches" and us the pull down of "print matches" and under "individual season record" select "season record form". 

As a casual spectator you can look under "matches" and us the pull down of "print matches".  You can then see their matches but does not accumulate their record.  

I really wish they would seed the state tournament. Your eight region champs get seeded and placed as far away from each other as humanly possible, and then you draw everyone else in.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Josh_Claywell said:

I really wish they would seed the state tournament. Your eight region champs get seeded and placed as far away from each other as humanly possible, and then you draw everyone else in.

EXACTLY

On 2/11/2019 at 1:23 PM, grappler-of-old said:

I see 12 for Woodford

I guess it updated after I posted that yesterday. They were all on the brackets, just not the entry list by school for some reason.