Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Random draw

To many coaches don't update track. To me It would be unfair to seed them off rankings..Lot of programs could care less about rankings, probably because they are to lazy to post results, let alone fight for a seed.. . Random sucks, but it is fair. Nobody can cry foul. Nobody can say the ranking are wrong etc. Random = no excuses. That's how I see it. But I'm not on the board. So whatever happens .. It is what it is. I won't lose any sleep if they seed it.

On 2/14/2019 at 11:30 PM, TheScrambler said:

To many coaches don't update track. To me It would be unfair to seed them off rankings..Lot of programs could care less about rankings, probably because they are to lazy to post results, let alone fight for a seed.. . Random sucks, but it is fair. Nobody can cry foul. Nobody can say the ranking are wrong etc. Random = no excuses. That's how I see it. But I'm not on the board. So whatever happens .. It is what it is. I won't lose any sleep if they seed it.

Until you start mandating coaches to update records on track or whatever data base they want to use, no point in seeding. Then you are just seeding on opinion once they figure out how to circumvent the seeding criteria. We all know coaches find ways around criteria to get kids seeded above others that are not necessarily better than that kid. Trackwrestling can be used to do all the things that KY Wrestling needs it to do if the state would just say, this is what we are doing and failure to do so will result in wrestlers not being able to participate. Missouri does it and coaches get their butts in gear and put info in.

In the 39 state tourneys that I have seen, I have learned that no matter how you place the brackets there will always be flaws. 

Can you seed the state tourney? Of Course you can, but it still will not be correct.  How do you compare a Western Kentucky team that spends most of the season in Missouri or Tenn. with a Northern Kentucky team that spends most of its season in Indiana or Ohio. 

I know that the middle school is doing it but even this year there were arguments on how the seeds worked out.

The only seeding that I would be OK with is the way some have mentioned about other states.  Taking the champions from each region and placing them in accordance to their placement in last years state tourney.  That way there is no opinion or bias involved in the seeding.  

If you make the seeding to complicated like the regional seeds it is almost impossible to accomplish.

I believe in the K.I.S.S. method (Keep It Simple Stupid)

GOO OUT