Sign in to follow this  
charger

Team Kentucky- Scholastic Duals

As a coach with Team KY last year, I can tell you guys that both teams will get all of the tough competition that they want. Last year Rusty really had to pull teams together rather quickly, and man, what a success we had. Those teams impressed! These 2 teams this year should really make some noise at Wabash. I expect to see another plaque come home home to KY! 

To Ranger and Dutch, I am a huge fan of the All Star dual. It is an awesome way to kick off the season. Now that my son is done with high school, I’d love to kick around some ideas with you guys about trying to make the All Star event even better. Give me a shout, I’d love to help. 

10 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Interesting to see Cole Thomas wrestling for Team Indiana. 

Where did you see Cole Thomas registered for Team Indiana? Cole was asked to wrestle for IndianaMat All Stars at Disney Duals. If it weren’t for us already purchasing airline tickets and plans with Dutch and his wife at their new house in Florida for spring break, we would have loved to wrestle with Team Kentucky. Some amazing kids on the team and always great competition. Sorry to be missing it to hang with DUTCH!!!!

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, gameface said:

Where did you see Cole Thomas registered for Team Indiana? Cole was asked to wrestle for IndianaMat All Stars at Disney Duals. If it weren’t for us already purchasing airline tickets and plans with Dutch and his wife at their new house in Florida for spring break, we would have loved to wrestle with Team Kentucky. Some amazing kids on the team and always great competition. Sorry to be missing it to hang with DUTCH!!!!

Don’t be sorry. Let’s just call it a recruiting visit for Walton Verona next season. I’m flying in Mason to help with that process. 

35 minutes ago, take em to the mat said:

Oh that’s dissapointing.  Where is that meet held?

It was held at John Hardin HS in Elizabethrown for a number of years and moved to Moore HS in Louisville this past fall. 

5 minutes ago, dutch said:

Don’t be sorry. Let’s just call it a recruiting visit for Walton Verona next season. I’m flying in Mason to help with that process. 

Our mailing address is Walton!! I only own Black, Gray and Orange!!! Plus I’m only coming to see Mrs. Dutch anyways and to fish off your brothers yacht!!

11 hours ago, gameface said:

I read it on IndianaMat forums. I was mistaken it was for Team Indiana for this tournament in Wabash, but that seems like its for a "Team Indiana" when wrestling at Disney Duals. Different tournament though.

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I read it on IndianaMat forums. I was mistaken it was for Team Indiana for this tournament in Wabash, but that seems like its for a "Team Indiana" when wrestling at Disney Duals. Different tournament though.

All star division you are allowed 3 members of your team from attached states. That comes from the head coach. We are just honored they considered Cole. 

• Upvote 2

For those of you attending the Team KY practice at Harrison County on Wednesday.  Our wrestling room is located in between Southside Elementary Gym and the old football field on the HC campus.  If you have any questions or trouble locating the wrestling room don't hesitate to give me (Josh Ashbrook) a call at 1-859-588-1212.  For those of you traveling a good distance we do have showers available in our room.  Thanks guys.  

Southside Elementary

106 Education Dr
Cynthiana, KY 41031

We had a great first Team KY workout, kids traveled from as far as Meade/Martin Counties to attend.  Thanks to Coach Fyffe from Madison Central for helping facilitate the practice as well.  Looking forward to the next practice.  

Christian County is hosting tomorrow's Team KY practice! 5pm CST/6pm EST. 220 Glass Avenue Hopkinsville, KY 42240. Park in the back behind the gym. Wrestling Room is located down the ramp on the right side of the gym. Planning on attending the Team KY practice email (dleavell053@gmail.com) or text (270-305-1169) Dee Leavell to let him know you're coming.

• Upvote 1

Madison Central will host Team Kentucky practice on Thursday 03/21 from 6:00-7:30 @ Madison Central high school, our room is in the wrestling gym right at the front of the school. We have plenty of space to work out so I’m sending an invite to any advanced high school kid who wants a great workout and has a USA wrestling card come get a great workout in a tough room! 

Contact Chad Fyffe if you plan to come so I can get a head count.

chad.fyffe@madison.kyschools.us

502-395-1038

• Upvote 1

We had a Great Workout and showing @ team KY practice last night at Madison Central. Thanks to all the coaches and parents for showing up and helping out . We were happy to host! 

Looking for another 145 (plus 5lb allowance) for Team Kentucky. 

If you know of anyone interested please contact me asap. 

Coach Parks