Sign in to follow this  
charger

Team Kentucky- Scholastic Duals

I have been asked to lead Team Kentucky again for the Scholastic Duals on April 4-6th at Wabash College. Last year we had an amazing tournament and came away with 3rd in the Nation! 

We need our highest available state placers in 2019 to participate so we can walk out of there as National Champs in 2019! We will have information at the state tournament for our state placers who are interested.

There will be multiple Team Kentucky practices throughout the state leading up to Virginia Beach Nationals (end of March) and Scholastic Duals (early April).

Lets bring home some more hardware for the state of Kentucky! 

Any questions please contact me at (859) 312-4414 or parkswrestling1@gmail.com.

Rusty Parks

Head Wrestling Coach

Woodford County HS  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Coaches, don’t let your wrestlers miss out on this opportunity! What a great way to pick up some new partners, friends, and family for life. We battle each other November thru February. After that, we should band together to show the rest of our country what we’ve got. Last year was so much fun. Placing 3rd as a team was amazing, but I know we can do better. Who’s ready to win a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP?

• Upvote 1

What a fun experience, like Nike Man said dont miss out on an awesome opportunity to compete and train with studs from across the state.  Last year we put together a great team as well as a coaching staff.  Lets bring home the gold this time.  

• Upvote 1

Now that state is over we have a great list of state placers who I’ve already started contacting to participate for Team Kentucky at the Scholastic Duals at Wabash in Indiana on April 4-6th. Please contact me if you have any questions. 

Coach Parks

We have had great feedback and participation so far. We will be taking 2 teams this season with a loaded group of state placers and champs.

Here are some athletes who have confirmed their spot on Team Kentucky;

Eckman (UC), Thornton (GC), Herron (NH), Lutes (SC), Andreoni (WC), Merritt (CC), Adams (UC), Preston (WC), Carr (UC), Russelburg (UC), TKC (CAM), Boone (LC), McCune (MEA), Stevens (TG), Bush (CT), Smith (SHC), Bussell (CC), Shelton (LC), Watkins (DES)

(still waiting on some guys to get back with me).

• Like 1

Here are the 2019 Team Kentucky Members;

Kentucky Blue (1st Team)
106- Moore (WV)
113- Thornton (GC)
120- Herron (NH)
126- Lutes (SC)
132- Merritt (CC)
138- Preston (WC)
145- Lawrence (FC)
152- Russelburg (UC)
160- Boone (LC)
170- McCune (MEA)
182- Stevens (TRIG)
195- Bush (CENT)
220- Bussell (CC)
285- Shelton (LC)

Kentucky White (2nd Team)
106- Eckman (UC)
113- Fowler (CC)
120- Walls (CALD)
126- Andreoni (WC)
132- Adams (UC)
138- Lehman (TRIN)
145- Carr (UC)
152- TKC (CAM)
160- Shackleford (CAM)  
170- Nicademous (OH)
182- Avila (FTC)
195- Smith (SHCL)
220- Rauch (CAM)
285- Watkins (DES)

*We are loaded with talent this season. Finishing up the practice schedule and will post it soon. If you are interested in training with Team Kentucky and our members please contact me. 

• Upvote 2

11/28 from region 1. Wish Micah and Matthias, and Stephen Little were on this. Is this a tournament where you wrestle pools then get placed in a division (Gold, Silver, etc) or do we pick what division to wrestle in beforehand?

That's Disney Duals in June. 

37 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Interesting to see Cole Thomas wrestling for Team Indiana. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, RamMan said:

Will there be a wrestle off for 1st and 2nd team or will it go on the results at State? Some kids were sick and not at their best

Goes off state results. Teams look to be set to me. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, RamMan said:

Will there be a wrestle off for 1st and 2nd team or will it go on the results at State? Some kids were sick and not at their best

It's a big thing to represent KY.  I wouldn't think it should matter which team you're on.  Whether Blue or White, it's a great opportunity, and a chance to face quality competition.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, take em to the mat said:

Would be a great fund raiser to have these 2 squads scrimmage. 

I don’t know about great. We essentially do this with the all star meet to kick off the season and generally get 100 people to show.