Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - February 6

Well I debated waiting a little longer to see some regional brackets and weight changes/scratches, but I figure all that stuff can wait for the last update before state.  FYI, I DID NOT reflect anything from MS state (and yes I know some of these kids hit last weekend).

Good luck this weekend as the post season begins.

Rankings_18_19_0206.pdf

Zach Cowan at 4 is questionable to me. I'm pretty sure he lost to Radzhapov and then Radzhapov turned around and lost to Fletcher same day.

I know you didn't check regional brackets, but Royar - 120 is out for the season with injury. Not in regional bracket and hasnt wrestled in a long time. One more week til state. Thanks Ranger

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Zach Cowan at 4 is questionable to me. I'm pretty sure he lost to Radzhapov and then Radzhapov turned around and lost to Fletcher same day.

I know you didn't check regional brackets, but Royar - 120 is out for the season with injury. Not in regional bracket and hasnt wrestled in a long time. One more week til state. Thanks Ranger

Yes Radjapov picked up the win over Cowan

3 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Good point. But I know Cowan was injured at state duals and his body of work would still keep him above many of the next level guys. 

32 minutes ago, Votto said:

Looks like Cowan also has a win over Radzhapoz 

AA28483D-6A19-4AF5-97F8-7C3FEF5111F9.jpeg

I spoke too soon. Keep my mouth shut for now on lol! Feel like Fletcher, Radjapov, and Cowan should be a lot closer in the rankings. That sounds like a law firm. Speaking of 132, wait til you see this 7th grader out of McCracken County. That kid is good. 

11 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

I spoke too soon. Keep my mouth shut for now on lol! Feel like Fletcher, Radjapov, and Cowan should be a lot closer in the rankings. That sounds like a law firm. Speaking of 132, wait til you see this 7th grader out of McCracken County. That kid is good. 

Rider from McCraken Co is the real deal. The kid is fun to watch. 

1 hour ago, Votto said:

Looks like Cowan also has a win over Radzhapoz 

AA28483D-6A19-4AF5-97F8-7C3FEF5111F9.jpeg

Yes but the latest result is Radjapov over Cowan. That’s how rankings work.

I’m not going to speak much more on the topic because as someone who did rankings for several years i respect Ranger’s professional opinion and don’t want to be a guy to whine or nitpick over rankings because that’s not my job nor is it of any interest to me. I was just confirming a result that occurred. Cowan is one of the best in the state and his body of Work of course demonstrates that. In case anyone quotes me wanting to continue the conversation I’m not really interested in adding more to the topic. Personally I feel I’ve said too much as it is

45 minutes ago, Mike said:

How is Frazier ranked 9th if he beat the recent#6 by points than a pin

Frazier and Giompalo has only wrestled once this year to my knowledge. Giampola pinned Frazier at State Duals. 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

How is Frazier ranked 9th if he beat the recent#6 by points than a pin

That kid isn’t #6 any more. And as mentioned above Frazier got pinned by the kid who was previously #14. 

11 minutes ago, Sgeise said:

How are the rankings determined?  Meade Counties Connor Geise 145 Freshman beat 3 of the top 25 in the state duals

He didn't I'm assuming you think he wrestled Brennon Conrad, Neal Aldridge, and Ronan Wyatt

He actually wrestled Jake Richman, Timmie Dunham, and Joe Rivera

This is very common, I have a coworker who thinks his nephew pinned Bradley Miller when in reality he pinned another Taylor County wrestler

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Sgeise said:

How are the rankings determined?  Meade Counties Connor Geise 145 Freshman beat 3 of the top 25 in the state duals

Like I was saying above. Some coaches provide very little data. Maybe that’s the issue with this. 

1 minute ago, take em to the mat said:

Like I was saying above. Some coaches provide very little data. Maybe that’s the issue with this. 

e didn't I'm assuming you think he wrestled Brennon Conrad, Neal Aldridge, and Ronan Wyatt

He actually wrestled Jake Richman, Timmie Dunham, and Joe Rivera

Thank you Ranger for your hard work and dedication putting these rankings together time after time!  I find them pretty darn close to accurate vs the outcome of the matches i have seen the majority of the time.Besides only one more week till Lexington to find out were the guys belong in the rankings.

Edited by Wheeler
Spell check

Can someone please help me out? My son is a junior and wrestles for Belfry in the Heavyweight class. He is 33-9 on the year but it's only showing him 12-5 on the year. I've talked to the coaches to fix this. They said they did but I cant see where it changed. Could someone look and tell me what they see as his record? I'd really appreciate it. He also just wrestled in regions today at Johnson Central and qualified for state. He pinned the kid from Pikeville, the #2 seed in the region, in the 3rd round. I'd appreciate any help from anyone on getting this fixed. Thanks. 

2 hours ago, #55PirateFan said:

Can someone please help me out? My son is a junior and wrestles for Belfry in the Heavyweight class. He is 33-9 on the year but it's only showing him 12-5 on the year. I've talked to the coaches to fix this. They said they did but I cant see where it changed. Could someone look and tell me what they see as his record? I'd really appreciate it. He also just wrestled in regions today at Johnson Central and qualified for state. He pinned the kid from Pikeville, the #2 seed in the region, in the 3rd round. I'd appreciate any help from anyone on getting this fixed. Thanks. 

Did they have his record correct in region today?  That’s what’s important. Final rankings will be out next Saturday night. 

3 hours ago, #55PirateFan said:

The Pikeville heavyweight was a four seed in today’s region eight tournament. John Stone from Ashland was the 2 seed. Also in the  3-4 match, Pruit from Pikeville pinned Wolford from Belfry to avenge a earlier loss. I just looked at the region eight results in track and Wolford’s record is showing to be 38-9. He finished 4th in today’s tournament and he split with Pruit from Pikeville who’s ranked 21st in the state.

Are you just wanting the record fixed or do you think your son should be ranked?