Dc8017

Region brackets put out yet?

30 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Some dont have meeting till later in the week. 

That's how it usually is with those other regions. Can't put brackets out without having the seeding meeting.

1 hour ago, Dc8017 said:

Why do regions like to hold back on putting them out?

There have been times that even after building the brackets coaches don't want the brackets out. In those instances they say their wrestlers will get all worked up and worried about who they're wrestling. Personally I say always release the brackets as soon as possible, I think it's best for the sport to do so.

Region 6 has not had the seed meeting yet.  Even then they don't post brackets until the day of because there are almost always changes, kids getting hurt, ill or changing wt. classes. 

All regions should have the seeding the same night. Such as Monday before  regions and all released right after. There’s always Changes but, the brackets should be out.  Personally your kids should be worried about every kid they are wrestling.  It only takes one move and 2 seconds to change the fate of both wrestlers. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, take em to the mat said:

All regions should have the seeding the same night. Such as Monday before  regions and all released right after. There’s always Changes but, the brackets should be out.  Personally your kids should be worried about every kid they are wrestling.  It only takes one move and 2 seconds to change the fate of both wrestlers. 

Many teams dont have the coaching staff to go to a meeting on a weeknight and still have practice.  Also you have teams that have as much as 2 hour drives to get to a meeting. You take 4 hrs of driving, plus the meeting time(region 7 took 3.5 hrs) and its very hard to do on a weekday 

20 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Many teams dont have the coaching staff to go to a meeting on a weeknight and still have practice.  Also you have teams that have as much as 2 hour drives to get to a meeting. You take 4 hrs of driving, plus the meeting time(region 7 took 3.5 hrs) and its very hard to do on a weekday 

Monday was an example.  Make it Sunday. 

You have youth state on Sunday.  Some coaches would have trouble with that day.  I don't really see the problem with getting the bracket out the day of.  After wresting on Saturday it gives the coaches time to put the results in track, put their lineup-seed criteria and head to head in track. 

It changes nothing waiting until the day of before they are released, that way you know the brackets are accurate. Everyone knows what teams are in each region so it doesn't matter who is wrestling who in the 1st round.  Most want to see the blood and final rounds anyway. 

49 minutes ago, charger said:

I would rather not let my kids see the brackets at all. Just train hard for whoever steps in front of them.

I’m sure all coaches train their kids hard for whomever. If a kid see a bracket and cause him not to perform well. Then he most likely wasn’t going far anyway . Everyone has their own philosophy. Beat the best to be the best is the only way. 

• Downvote 1

Kids get mentally out of it sometimes because of names and rankings. So I don’t agree with you at all take em to the mat (them not going far anyways). We are talking about 13-18 year olds after all. I mean come on, I know a lot of grown men who  psych themselves out from time to time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, charger said:

Kids get mentally out of it sometimes because of names and rankings. So I don’t agree with you at all take em to the mat (them not going far anyways). We are talking about 13-18 year olds after all. I mean come on, I know a lot of grown men who  psych themselves out from time to time.

I will agree with you.