MikeHarrod

1/29/19 Rankings and Predictions

So here it goes everyone. I wanted to put out a final rankings and also what my personal predictions are for Finals. This was tough. We have some great wrestlers in the state and some weight classes have potential winners that could pull off some big upsets.

First the rankings are based on results. A special shoutout to Keith Rump and several others that have been willing to give their time to do some additional research on the weight classes. Hope you find these rankings useful. There were some kids that were beat this weekend, but I tried to keep the same state qualifiers in the rankings so we can see a true expected result of the state tournament.

Good Luck this coming weekend and may the best wrestler win!!!

My predictions....

This was tough and I went through every weight class trying to figure out who I thought had the odds of winning it all. I might have shook things up a bit here, but wanted you to get a true opinion of what I see in the field. Can't wait to see the comments :-)

70 - Raney over Condi - I have Condi beating Evans in the semifinals for an upset, but it is a close match. I don't see anyone touching the Raney boy.

75 - Vega over Brown - Brown upsets Gardner in Semi but cant stand the quickness and ruthlessness of Vega.

80 - Harrod over Trumble - Full Disclosure .... Raney is a beast and if I picked anyone else I would have to listen to it at home. Harrod did have a dominating win and pin over Troy Gardner when he bumped up this past weekend at State Duals but that Raney match could be a nailbitter.

86 - Spaulding over Brown - This is a good matchup, but I thinking Spaulding closes this one early with a pin.

92 - Nichols over Ricketts - Two underdogs going into semi finals duke it out for a State Championship.

98 - Walton over Powell - From my understanding the Messerly Girls are wrestiling Girls state so won't be there to stir things up. Lauren Walton is first Girls State Champion at the middle school level.

105 - Oliveros over Dowdy - Dowdy has a tough road to go through Strayer but then upsets Bandfield to get to compete for a State Championship.

113 - Ross over Herron - This bracket I think ended up like I expected but I think Ross has the edge in the finals.

121 - Beane over Vlach - I think Vlach upsets roberts in the semi's. Should be interesting, but Beane is a beast.

130 - Botts over Mayes - Botts wins 7-4. Tough match. Worth sticking around and watching the finals.

140 - Conner over Watts - I haven't seen this Conner kid but if he is as good as I have heard then I expect him to win. Becareful though!! There are some real sleepers here!!

152 - Adams over Silva - I watched a few matches this weekend and I think there was a mixup in seeding. That being said this is my expectations. Who is gonna rise to the top?!!

168 - Valasquez over Richmond - Richmond over price is a big upset but there is one brewing in this class. I wouldn't expect anything less.

190 - Virzi over Long - I think this is the most straight forward weight there is. Everything as expected.

240 - Lambert over Brown - I have seen Lambert and I don't see anyone touching him. In fact I see a first period pin over Brown.

So there you go. That is my opinion and I hope you enjoy and comment as you see free.

It was a pleasure doing this for the last half of the year and I appreciate all that chipped in and gave me their input.

Looking forward to a great State Tournament!!

Mike Harrod

1-29 Rankings.pdf

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Those results? Go home you're drunk. Lol just kidding . thanks for all your hard work. I know respect and appreciate what you have done! Way to step up and takeover! I'm sure everyone else would agree as well. Job well done! Good luck at Ky State!

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mike Harrod said:

Just want to see kids compete and have fun!! May the best wrestler win and the loser learn from defeat. I love wrestling!!

Mike thanks for stepping up this year. you had some big shoes to fill from ranger then Duke but you did it. Look forward to you starting from preaseson next year and you are correct no matter how we predict it is all about the KIDS competeing, having fun and hopefully loving the sport like we do.

Here’s mine

70- 

1st- Raney 2nd-Evans 3rd-McCloskey 4th-Condi 5th- Knight 6th- Blevins

75-

1st- Vega 2nd- Johns 3rd- Gardner 4th- Brown  5th- Herbest 6th- Britt

80-

1st- Raney 2nd- Meyer 3rd- Trumble 4th-Luttrell 5th- Harrod 6th- Cano

86-

1st- Spaulding 2nd- Brown 3rd- Jenkins 4th-Butler 5th- Teutsch 6th- Pinkston

92-

1st- Isaacs 2nd- Lattin 3rd- Lampe 4th- Ricketts 5th- Speaker 6th- Nichols

98-

1st- Powell 2nd-Fortier 3rd-Walton 4th- Benner 5th- Schweitzer 6th- Mattingly

105-

1st- Gilbert 2nd-Bandfield 3rd-Giompalo 4th- Zinser 5th-Strayer 6th- Dowdy

113-

1st-Ross 2nd-Herron 3rd- Vilums 4th- McCoart 5th- Nardelli 6th- McCubbin

121-

1st- Beane 2nd- Roberts 3rd- Vlach 4th- Mckune 5th-Harward 6th- Kellett 

130-

1st-Mayes 2nd- Yost 3rd- Botts 4th-Krebs 5th- McElroy 6th- Potts

140-

1st- Conner 2nd- Richmond 3rd- Watts 4th- Barney 5th- Mills 6th- Brumfield

152-

1st- Adams 2nd-Dawn 3rd-Scarborough 4th- Kiser 5th- Church 6th- Silva

168-

1st- Velasquez 2nd- Richmond 3rd- Mettling 4th- Price 5th- Cones 6th- Sherill

190-

1st-Virzi 2nd- Long 3rd- Driskell 4th- Lewis 5th- Riggins 6th- Blair

240-

1st- Lambert 2nd- Brown 3rd- Kinman  4th- Castillo 5th- Hicks 6th- Boak 

• Upvote 1

We need a bracket pool!

The upsets in MS will be epic!

I say anyone interested puts in $1 and the winner gets a case of Ale8one. The leftover money goes into KY MS and state wrestling!

Better than fantasy football!

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2019 at 10:48 AM, twenhofelcoach said:

Here’s mine

70- 

1st- Raney 2nd-Evans 3rd-McCloskey 4th-Condi 5th- Knight 6th- Blevins

75-

1st- Vega 2nd- Johns 3rd- Gardner 4th- Brown  5th- Herbest 6th- Britt

80-

1st- Raney 2nd- Meyer 3rd- Trumble 4th-Luttrell 5th- Harrod 6th- Cano

86-

1st- Spaulding 2nd- Brown 3rd- Jenkins 4th-Butler 5th- Teutsch 6th- Pinkston

92-

1st- Isaacs 2nd- Lattin 3rd- Lampe 4th- Ricketts 5th- Speaker 6th- Nichols

98-

1st- Powell 2nd-Fortier 3rd-Walton 4th- Benner 5th- Schweitzer 6th- Mattingly

105-

1st- Gilbert 2nd-Bandfield 3rd-Giompalo 4th- Zinser 5th-Strayer 6th- Dowdy

113-

1st-Ross 2nd-Herron 3rd- Vilums 4th- McCoart 5th- Nardelli 6th- McCubbin

121-

1st- Beane 2nd- Roberts 3rd- Vlach 4th- Mckune 5th-Harward 6th- Kellett 

130-

1st-Mayes 2nd- Yost 3rd- Botts 4th-Krebs 5th- McElroy 6th- Potts

140-

1st- Conner 2nd- Richmond 3rd- Watts 4th- Barney 5th- Mills 6th- Brumfield

152-

1st- Adams 2nd-Dawn 3rd-Scarborough 4th- Kiser 5th- Church 6th- Silva

168-

1st- Velasquez 2nd- Richmond 3rd- Mettling 4th- Price 5th- Cones 6th- Sherill

190-

1st-Virzi 2nd- Long 3rd- Driskell 4th- Lewis 5th- Riggins 6th- Blair

240-

1st- Lambert 2nd- Brown 3rd- Kinman  4th- Castillo 5th- Hicks 6th- Boak 

I agree very much about most of these

On 1/30/2019 at 12:34 AM, MikeHarrod said:

240 - Lambert over Brown - I have seen Lambert and I don't see anyone touching him. In fact I see a first period pin over Brown.

Good call

• Like 1

On 1/30/2019 at 12:34 AM, MikeHarrod said:

Scratch that Reverse it.