44 dad

Biggest Middle School State Upsets

Don’t take that the wrong way l watched him every chance l get could...  Which is why l said the BIGGEST Upset of State !! He’s a Stud !! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 44 dad said:

Don’t take that the wrong way l watched him every chance l get could...  Which is why l said the BIGGEST Upset of State !! He’s a Stud !! 

Thank you for the clarification and good luck at the tournament!

Middle School isn't covered enough and just not enough info out there to truly rank a kid and call a certain match a huge upset. So what may be an upset for some wont be for others. 

• Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Chuckbarney said:

168-richmond over price

That would not be a Major updset that would just be a close match. as they should actually finish 1 and 2

8 minutes ago, Shannon knight said:

Thompson over thomas in 70lbs

Please tell Luke good luck at 70! Thompson won’t win a match I don’t think. Saw him get beat twice by 2 different kids from Woodford last weekend at Boyle. The powerhouse girl they have pinned him. Actually they both may have pinned him. 

Region 4 75 lb class had 4 kids place in the top 6. That region was stacked at that weight. Herbst from Carr academy was unranked most of the season and ended in 4th place. Wettlaufer from Woodford beat several top kids to place 6th. Surprised that Britt didn't place top 6 but he did win youth state. Region 4 alternate Ryan Smith (5th grade) from Johnson Co. won 2 matches beating the #10 ranked kid. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/4/2019 at 4:29 PM, DrBaker said:

Gavin Rickets over Braedon Herron

Watched this match and it looked like braedon Herron didn’t even want to wrestle after the loss earlier. Got put to his back and sat there with no fight.

1 minute ago, Dc8017 said:

Watched this match and it looked like braedon Herron didn’t even want to wrestle after the loss earlier. Got put to his back and sat there with no fight.

I agree 100%. I thought he might be sick.  

6 hours ago, DrBaker said:

I agree 100%. I thought he might be sick.  

He seemed pretty fine honestly but I’m going to guess he underestimated the JC kid and after he lost he threw a fit and didn’t want to continue. We’ll see how he does this weekend though!