Charger31

Youth State Duals

Question.......are we allowing “offseason” club teams to compete in the Youth State Duals as an actual team now? I see at least 3 different teams represented on this roster. If this were the case every team could’ve pulled from other schools. 

401A4AC1-4ED5-4016-B5B5-F66527020DD3.png

• Upvote 1

I have a feeling a proposal will be brought up in the spring meeting to make sure it doesn’t happen again. If not, I’m looking for a couple other Louisville/Oldham teams that want to create a Jugger-Nots team for next Youth State Duals. 

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, TigerCoach said:

I have a feeling a proposal will be brought up in the spring meeting to make sure it doesn’t happen again. If not, I’m looking for a couple other Louisville/Oldham teams that want to create a Jugger-Nots team for next Youth State Duals. 

Lol

The rules applied only to middle school actually. But just to clear up, we were not some “all-star super team”  put together. If you look at the new regions ours is the biggest to include some of the more populated areas to make the regions more equal. Our teams have technically practiced and competed together for years. The schools are  roughly 30 minutes apart and the kids all know and love each other. We just gave this team a name this year for when we do this so it would be a mutual team, not saying we’re one or the other. And we’ll be competing more in the future. Look, some if these clubs have kids from an area wider than what our kids are from. So I see no harm for us to combine 2 small teams that already compete against & with one another who simply cannot fill a roster by themselves. It wasn’t a one time thing, just a new name. Our kids work hard and put their heart and souls into this. They are literally a band of brothers and for you all to assume anything else is ignorant on your part.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, JuggernautMom said:

The rules applied only to middle school actually. But just to clear up, we were not some “all-star super team”  put together. If you look at the new regions ours is the biggest to include some of the more populated areas to make the regions more equal. Our teams have technically practiced and competed together for years. The schools are  roughly 30 minutes apart and the kids all know and love each other. We just gave this team a name this year for when we do this so it would be a mutual team, not saying we’re one or the other. And we’ll be competing more in the future. Look, some if these clubs have kids from an area wider than what our kids are from. So I see no harm for us to combine 2 small teams that already compete against & with one another who simply cannot fill a roster by themselves. It wasn’t a one time thing, just a new name. Our kids work hard and put their heart and souls into this. They are literally a band of brothers and for you all to assume anything else is ignorant on your part.

Well, you didn’t combine 2 small teams though. You picked the best kids from each weight class  from at least THREE different teams. Pike, Johnson, and Martin. Of which, all of those teams have more than enough to fill a roster on their own. Hopefully the loophole gets fixed and this cheating doesn’t happen again. Desperate move. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Kentucky needs to grow the sport. Just do it fairly. I'm sure they could become a club team and enter. Whatever that loophole is. Figure it out and correct it. That's my opinion. I'm sure next year will be fun!

7 minutes ago, JuggernautMom said:

Only thing it comes down to is all you city people are a little upset you got beat by a bunch of hard working country boys, and we did it with class. End of story.

No. Not at all. If each region of the state created an all star team the playing field would be even. Had teams known this was allowed everyone would’ve had s full team and pulled kids from here, there, and everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Y’all really need to get your facts straight  before you speak because anyone who knows our area knows it was Martin county and the Warhawks from Pike county. We are both small teams (roughly 20 kids each starting each season)  mostly of which are very young kids (grades K, 1 & 2). Most of which are around the same weight. Martin has about the same situation. We had 1 kid come in from Johnson county because he practices with both our teams regularly as well. It’s no different than these larger wrestling clubs (For example Carr) who have 30-40+ kids from different counties/schools picking their best wrestlers at each weight class to do a dual. A lot of our kids, including mine, even wrestled a heavier weight class than normal. 

And if it makes you feel any better our kids were all 4th grade and below. Birth year 2008 and on. Pretty sure none over the age of 10 yet. So go ahead and say we were “stacked” with the best of it makes you happy, but our kids out wrestled your older, heavier kids. 

I didn’t want to comment on this to start a fight cause y’all are gonna say what you want. I just wanted anyone who was misinformed about our team to know the truth. All these babies on this team feel like my own. I’ve watched them grow from the time they started and wrestling has brought all these amazing kids together in a way no other sport can. You don’t get that kind of comradery anywhere else.

Competitiveness has made them great. Determination has made them unstoppable. Respect has made them friends and the love of the sport has made them brothers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Actually Carr’s kids competed for Carr the week before at Regions.  What region did the EKY Juggs compete in?  Also, the Carr team didn’t even fill all the weight classes in the dual.  And FTR, both Pike and Martin have bigger teams (and JC) than carr so your comment is bull.   Everyone knows the intent of state Duals is for teams who wrestle as teams during the year compete.  If EKY Juggs had been competing as a team throughout the year together no one would have said a word.  But that didn’t happen.  Those kids wrestled for their home teams.  The coaches used the lack of wording to thier advantage to form a team.  Why didn’t Martin Co or Pike take their regular teams?  Both had more kids than Carr?  Why did they need to pick up anyone from JC.  And just so you know tons of kids from other teams train at Carr in summer...didn’t see them wrestling with Carr yesterday.

Lastly, give everyone a break with the against us country people.  Last time I checked McCracken Co isn’t exactly a booming metropolis nor is Union Co....and those two areas are flat out getting it done in this state.

9BA3D324-09FE-46ED-A308-A5A5AD68B159.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Looks like from the graphic you just posted Martin Co and the Warhawks seem to be getting things done as well. Does anybody know who won State at Division 2 last year? And... who was runner up? 

Fact is nobody cheated. Some people got their lil feelings hurt and that’s it. The Juggernauts did everything they were supposed to do and played by the rules and won. So... if you don’t like it change the rules. But you can’t cry that somebody cheated if no rules were broken. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:38 PM, Charger31 said:

No. Not at all. If each region of the state created an all star team the playing field would be even. Had teams known this was allowed everyone would’ve had s full team and pulled kids from here, there, and everywhere. 

So... if everyone would have known this was allowed everyone would’ve had a full team and pulled kids...? 

Sounds like you should maybe find better coaching. AND you admit that it IS allowed. This case seems closed and I’m bored. 

• Downvote 1

Since track wrestling info has already been brought out let’s throw out another one. Current standings are the Warhawks Wrestling Club is ranked 21st in the Nation. The next closest KY team is River City at 102. Warhawks won region by only a few points to Martin. Martin Cardinals beat the Warhawks in 2018 at State. Point is this....neither team “needed” to combine nor were they “desperate” to do so.  No cheating was done because there was no rule in place  add the rule that’s fine   We will just show up and knock even more off the podium  

EFE9F26B-2EF2-42BF-81ED-8E0BB7EB4C8D.png

• Downvote 1

Bunch of sore losers.  Competition breads competition. This is wrestling for crying out loud, not a wimpy sport for a bunch of whiney men.  We came to wrestle. We mostly compete in TN, WV, VA so we were looking for some good KY competition.  Eastern KY has never to my knowledge competed in the State Duals and clearly we weren’t welcomed by all. Of well, guess we will see ya next year and we will play by all rules just as we did this year. 

• Downvote 1

They couldn't have combined every team there except maybe for Maritime and beat the Juggernaut team.  I heard JC didn't have the youth numbers this year or planned on taking a youth team so they used one kid from them.  

5 hours ago, BigSlick said:

They couldn't have combined every team there except maybe for Maritime and beat the Juggernaut team.  I heard JC didn't have the youth numbers this year or planned on taking a youth team so they used one kid from them.  

HAHA someone has been breathing too much coal dust. 

• Upvote 1

Set it up.  Outside of Maritime feel free to build a team from the kids and schools that were there and post it.  Im sure the Juggernauts would love to have it..

• Downvote 1