Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - January 25

Sorry for the delays.  But with my partner moving to Florida and too much real work in the last week it was hard to find time. Plus, as I keep complaining about, lack of results in track make some results hard to find.  Anyway, a couple quick notes on this update.  A new #1 at 145.  I hardly ever do this, but the prior #1 loses his spot without a loss.  Essentially, last season is far enough in the rear view mirror that this year's body of work trumps state finish in this case.  Wheeler has a lot of quality wins to earn the spot.  There seem to be a lot of weight changes going on.  I have reflected some that have been verified, specifically by tournament entries.  Dual matchups are often deceiving with teams bumping kids, so I haven't moved all of those guys yet.

Good luck to all of the teams at state duals.  Union is darn good, so small school may not be as exciting, but big school should have some great matchups with Johnson Central/Christian Co/St X/Madison Central/McCracken/Campbell.

Rankings_18_19_0125.pdf

8 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Sorry for the delays.  But with my partner moving to Florida and too much real work in the last week it was hard to find time. Plus, as I keep complaining about, lack of results in track make some results hard to find.  Anyway, a couple quick notes on this update.  A new #1 at 145.  I hardly ever do this, but the prior #1 loses his spot without a loss.  Essentially, last season is far enough in the rear view mirror that this year's body of work trumps state finish in this case.  Wheeler has a lot of quality wins to earn the spot.  There seem to be a lot of weight changes going on.  I have reflected some that have been verified, specifically by tournament entries.  Dual matchups are often deceiving with teams bumping kids, so I haven't moved all of those guys yet.

Good luck to all of the teams at state duals.  Union is darn good, so small school may not be as exciting, but big school should have some great matchups with Johnson Central/Christian Co/St X/Madison Central/McCracken/Campbell.

Rankings_18_19_0125.pdf

Well deserved. Wheeler has put in the work and been very active. 

On 1/25/2019 at 2:29 PM, moejoent said:

Anyone know what happened to Eric Green from Pikeville went from #14 at 145 on the last ranking to not on the list at all 

Looks like he dropped to 138 and his results don’t have him in the top 25 right now

13 hours ago, JStrayRN said:

Anybody know what happened to Christian Denney (285 from Wayne county)?  He’s been listed 2 or 3 all year, now he’s not ranked at all.

When I checked his results in track I see zero matches. So I removed him until I see some data. 

46 minutes ago, Rtrburn76 said:

Wish we could do something like Indiana does with a H2H Notable Win/Loses.

Capture.PNG

It’s nice but that guy gets a lot of help and every dual meet result and tournament result is posted on there. We have coaches who won’t post results until regionals for some reason. 

I’ve actually been thinking about that very thing. That is a nice upgrade. But as mentioned, IndianaMat is a well oiled machine with a lot of resources. And as mentioned our coaches do a poor job of using track and mandated. 

C'mon Ranger its just like the 80's and 90's when Hoptown would hide out in Tenn, Wayne would hide there also and Sheldon would hide in WV.  Many of the nky schools would hide in Ohio and nobody knew what to expect.  Made the state tourney a mystery. LOL :ph34r:

Ahh a flash back to the good ole days.  When coaches just sent out their best 12 and didn't bump around wt classes.  Heck I know a few teams did just that in the first few state duals. And did very well. ;)

7 hours ago, thewrestlingguru said:

New rankings anytime soon? Will they be put out before region or a long wait until after?

These rankings are only 5 days old.

We could see a few ranked matches tonight.  Ryle will host Walton for senior night.

106- 1 Thomas vs  2 Moore

160- 8 Gibson vs 16 Foster

182-  1 Mayer vs 4 at 170 Duke