TheScrambler

Make Your State Predictions

On 1/24/2019 at 4:34 PM, Bulldoglife said:

Mow - Messerly first Girl to Win State !!!

If my 140 holds true then E Mills for top weight MOW

I would hope that this individual would win it because they are the Most Outstanding Wrestler and not just because they are a girl. 

Don't forget what the award is for and make it trivial because of an oddity. 

2 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

That has to be Scott making that prediction.

I think most would agree with it though. LOL BUT I wouldn’t expect anything less when they’re homeschooled and eat, sleep, breathe wrestling. No one should score a point on either one of them. If they do I’ll be highly disappointed. 

30 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

I would hope that this individual would win it because they are the Most Outstanding Wrestler and not just because they are a girl. 

If she gets MOW it will be because she's earned it.  Both of the Messerlys, Lauren Walton and Sophie are all outstanding wrestlers and have beaten up on many boys this year.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

GOO in my opinion and most every other coach in the states opinion If Either Olivia or Addison win their weight they have earned the MOW for the oustanding job, dedication and hard work it takes to be a girl wrestling 98% boys. The oddity is not so much the reason as as contributing factor. for example The Raney boys if they were to win MOW the fact that they are 5th graders would be a major contributing factor. You know me and I do this for the love of the sport and the kids, I feel the overall of the wrestler should be a factor not just one thing. I would vote for a wrestler who didnt make it passed the blood round the previous year but worked hard and trained came back the next year to defy the odds and win State. Just my opinion.I just old and stubborn that way.

I have always believed that the MOW is the best wrestler in the building, plain and simple.  I've never liked the idea that a kid who pulled an upset gets MOW.  Unless he defeated the one who was going to be the MOW.  To me the pound for pound best wrestler should get the MOW.  Not the one who overcame this or that.  Everyone has something they have overcome to become what they are just some are more obvious than others. 

Give a Blood and Guts award if you want to give it to someone like that.  

I have not seen these young ladies wrestle.  Maybe they are the best pound for pound. I don't know. But don't take the MOW away from someone deserving because they are NOT a girl. 

To me MOW is ment for that  individual tournament, And if you have a good wrestler who beats the best kid there why shouldn’t he be MOW of that tournament... And Trust me Goo these Girls are some of the best not only in the State, but the Country !!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

I have always believed that the MOW is the best wrestler in the building, plain and simple.  I've never liked the idea that a kid who pulled an upset gets MOW.  Unless he defeated the one who was going to be the MOW.  To me the pound for pound best wrestler should get the MOW.  Not the one who overcame this or that.  Everyone has something they have overcome to become what they are just some are more obvious than others. 

Give a Blood and Guts award if you want to give it to someone like that.  

I have not seen these young ladies wrestle.  Maybe they are the best pound for pound. I don't know. But don't take the MOW away from someone deserving because they are NOT a girl. 

Well said GOO however they are the best pound for pound in their weight classes, thats why they kick the tar out of the boys. I personally watched her kick tail at nationals last yaer.

just out of curiosity.  Is there any other state that offers a High school state championship, a JV state championship, a Middleschool state championship, a girls state championship and a duals state championship in both high and middle. that is 6 state titles in one season. 

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

just out of curiosity.  Is there any other state that offers a High school state championship, a JV state championship, a Middleschool state championship, a girls state championship and a duals state championship in both high and middle. that is 6 state titles in one season. 

I don not know but I would be interested to find out. Maybe its research time.

7 hours ago, HCHStuck said:

Might not be an issue trackwrestling is showing both Messerly girls and Trinity from Anderson Co are entered into the Girls State Tournament. 

The Messerly twins will compete in the Girls State tournament.  This was a very tough decisions.  Ultimately,  the chance to be a part of history and the chance to be the first girls to win a HS Title.  Best of luck to  Lauren Walton.  Go be the first girl to win a ms state  title.  Thanks to all who had the girls winning a ms state title.  Good luck to all in the post season.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Braves coach said:

The Messerly twins will compete in the Girls State tournament.  This was a very tough decisions.  Ultimately,  the chance to be a part of history and the chance to be the first girls to win a HS Title.  Best of luck to  Lauren Walton.  Go be the first girl to win a ms state  title.  Thanks to all who had the girls winning a ms state title.  Good luck to all in the post season.

Coach you know Region 5 is with you and the girls 100% we are just going to miss seeing them 1 last time at MS state. Go get the HS Gold.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Bulldoglife said:

Coach you know Region 5 is with you and the girls 100% we are just going to miss seeing them 1 last time at MS state. Go get the HS Gold.

Thanks Bulldoglife

On 1/29/2019 at 12:16 PM, Bulldoglife said:

GOO in my opinion and most every other coach in the states opinion If Either Olivia or Addison win their weight they have earned the MOW for the oustanding job, dedication and hard work it takes to be a girl wrestling 98% boys. The oddity is not so much the reason as as contributing factor. for example The Raney boys if they were to win MOW the fact that they are 5th graders would be a major contributing factor. You know me and I do this for the love of the sport and the kids, I feel the overall of the wrestler should be a factor not just one thing. I would vote for a wrestler who didnt make it passed the blood round the previous year but worked hard and trained came back the next year to defy the odds and win State. Just my opinion.I just old and stubborn that way.

5th grade....BUT they turn 12 in March. All the 5th graders I know are 10 or 11 not 12. Either way they’ll win easily. I’d say they both pin their way through the tournament. 

• Like 1