Sign in to follow this  
DrBaker

Large School State Duals

43 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

So why would the criteria change from one year to another?

Obviously no one can provide a logical answer to this!  I don't understand how the rules change when you get to the seed meeting.  Whoever cries the loudest usually wins the argument.  Maybe the solution would be to eliminate teams who do not have a full roster taking up the top 6 seeds or have a wrestle back for a true 2nd place and a true 4th place.

• Upvote 1

The solution would be to continue with sectionals,  but seed all 12 teams  that qualify and use the criteria that was sent out to everyone (small school did not do that last night though). All sectionals were supposed to have been completed by Wednesday the 23rd so why is there even supposed to be a dual tonight between those two schools. If they did not complete it before Wednesday the 23rd it would go to criteria which would give the seed possibility to the undefeated Madison Central team. Now they will be unseeded and possibly have Christian County, St. X, Oldham County, Simon Kenton in pool play. 

Just because a team loses at sectionals does not mean they are not seedable at State Duals in my opinion. Especially when you have some hammer sections and some others that are very soft and weak. Something has to change. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Undefeated Christian County vs undefeated Madison Central in POOL PLAY!!!! What a load of CRAP! KYWCA has some explaining to do tomorrow morning. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. 

1 hour ago, Nike Man said:

Undefeated Christian County vs undefeated Madison Central in POOL PLAY!!!! What a load of CRAP! KYWCA has some explaining to do tomorrow morning. Terrible. Terrible. Terrible. 

I can hear you saying "Terrible.  Terrible.  Tuuuuuuurrible." in my head hahaha

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, coachteater said:

No. The kywca voted unanimously that they wrestle friday night to decide one and two. Johnson central says they will be there, Madison says they will not. Johnson central will weigh in and receive the forfeit and the #1 . And this gives everyone an extra lb as well on Saturday 

Does anyone know why Madison Central decided not to wrestle tonight?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nike Man said:

If anyone wants to debate Madison’s undefeated record due to the bull crap dual that never happened tonight, come see me. You know who I am. 

Who has Madison Central defeated this year?

49 minutes ago, Beefstew said:

Does anyone know why Madison Central decided not to wrestle tonight?

Does anyone know why JC decided not wrestle Madison Central multiple times this year?

Does anyone know why the KYWCA chose to make some pretty ballsy decisions without getting the permission from the majority of the state? 

My guess is NO, you DON’T. This State Duals has gone against everything that this state is working towards. It also works against all you “coaches” voted for just a year ago. Time to be held accountable.

6 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

They have a zero loss record. They have knocked off everyone that they have wrestled. 

That’s pretty impressive. Who have they wrestled?

10 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Does anyone know why JC decided not wrestle Madison Central multiple times this year?

Does anyone know why the KYWCA chose to make some pretty ballsy decisions without getting the permission from the majority of the state? 

My guess is NO, you DON’T. This State Duals has gone against everything that this state is working towards. It also works against all you “coaches” voted for just a year ago. Time to be held accountable.

I’m not sure why you’re getting so bent out of shape about this or where you’re getting your information? You say that Johnson Central decided not to wrestle Madison Central multiple times. This is just plain ole fake news. The sectional duals were scheduled for January 12th at Johnson Central. Many teams including Madison Central cancelled because of bad weather that never materialized. They fell victim to the talking heads that were predicting a major winter storm. I was in Louisville on the 12th and they didn’t even cancel the area youth league games, but according to some in Central Kentucky is was going to be too bad to travel to Johnson Central.

Then the sectional was rescheduled to Wednesday the 16th. Madison Central and Montgomery County agreed to travel to Johnson Central to see who would qualify for the state duals. Then another strange plot developed when Madison Central’s coach called and said that they wouldn’t be able to travel such a long distance to Paintsville because of a school policy about travel distance on a week night. Then it was supposedly moved to Montgomery County the following day(Thursday). I’m not sure why that didn’t happen but I was told the new host school never made plans to host. I’m not sure what happened there.

Finally, it was agreed on that both Johnson Central and Madison Central would wrestle on the night before the state dual meet. Well we all know now that Madison Central backed out of that one as well. So your accusation that JC decided not to wrestle MC “multiple times this year” is nothing but pure BS. 

If my memory is correct, the same crap happened last year, but the Madison Central people were pleased with the outcome of the seeding because they received the number one seed of the sectional despite the fact that there was never a sectional dual. I don’t recall anyone from the JC program getting on here and crying like you’re doing now.

I’m kinda confused as to why you’re blaming the  KYWCA board members for Madison Central’s fate. Wrestling is the perfect sport to settle matters like this and you know this. But you to have to wrestle. You can’t expect to get a number one seed all the time based on an undefeated dual record. I’ve asked multiple times who MC has wrestled in a dual, but so far you haven’t answered. Your program has pulled this stunt two years in a row and they’ve made their own bed and now they’re lying in it. It isn’t anyone’s fault but their own.

Good night wrestling fans. I’m looking forward to the action tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Look, I’m not with Madison and I don’t have anything against JC, but rules and criteria are put into place for a reason. I agree, it will get settled on the mat. JC has a great team this year. This isn’t a fight against them. This is a fight about integrity. We can’t bend and change the rules every time something doesn’t go our way. Just feels like the good ol’ boy system. 

• Downvote 1

I agree with sticking to criteria. In the small school bracket how did a one loss team get the 2 seed when there were 2 other undefeated teams?  I do agree they are probably the 2nd best team in small school bracket but criteria says they are not. Someone with 2 losses should have argued for the 1 seed. I’m sure Union wouldn’t care where they are seeded!

1 hour ago, 119Rider said:

Looks like Madison Central is 2-2 thru 4 duals so far per Duke.

They’re 1-2. They defeated Simon Kenton 38-35 to get their first win of the day.

20 hours ago, Nike Man said:

Looks like the committee was correct with their seeding.  

• Like 1

No, actually they didn’t. If they got it right, Christian Co would be wrestling Johnson Central in the finals and Oldham would have wrestled Simon Kenton for 3rd. 

• Downvote 1

6 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

No, actually they didn’t. If they got it right, Christian Co would be wrestling Johnson Central in the finals and Oldham would have wrestled Simon Kenton for 3rd. 

I was referring to you questioning Madison Central's seed? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nike Man said:

Christian had the opportunity to wrestle Johnson Central but they were defeated by Moore in round two. I believe they got it correct. How would’ve you seeded it?

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

With 5 matches left in the championship dual between Johnson Central and Moore the score is JC-43 - Moore 0

Pretty weak to see JC not accept the challenge from Union County. First time a team declined. What is their reasoning behind this? 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1