Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - January 11

Finally worked through some technical issues and got this posted.  I guess technical issues are much like weather issues in January.  Here they come.  Ugh.

I spent the last week or so literally looking at EVERY kid's results posted on track.  For some kids/parents who think they should be ranked and are not, ask your coach if he is keeping trackwrestling updated.  If not, it's his fault.  I removed a number of kids; some highly ranked.  I hate to do that, but unless I have good information that someone is getting on the mat very soon, I had to do it.  There have been a ton of injuries this year, but hopefully we have seen the end of those for one season.

A couple interesting notes.  We have a couple new #1s this week showing us that there will be a few interesting weights down the stretch.  Also, Christian County has jumped up to the #2 spot.  Great to see what that program is doing.  Could they make the Region 1 tournament exciting?  What that also does is for the first time in the 20 years of me doing rankings, Region 6 is not the top dog.  With Union, Christian, and McCracken putting up a ton of points and other solid teams bringing state placers, Region 1 has made a big jump this season.

Still a month left before it all goes down in the Horse Park.  Enjoy.

Rankings_18_19_0111.pdf

Looks good. 120 - Paducah Tilghman Ray Hamilton is one to look out for that I didn't see on there. The Johnson Central big's confuse me. Have one of the Horn's wrestled at 195 yet? They were huge on their initial weights at the beginning of the season. 

13 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Looks good. 120 - Paducah Tilghman Ray Hamilton is one to look out for that I didn't see on there. The Johnson Central big's confuse me. Have one of the Horn's wrestled at 195 yet? They were huge on their initial weights at the beginning of the season. 

They were huge at state last year. I couldn't believe one could make 197. 

1 hour ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Heard Matthew will be there tomorrow. 

Dont see anything on track worthy of moving Hamilton up. But will keep my eye out. 

I am not sure of the wrestlers name, but Shackelford beat him 11-4 and that wrestler pinned Gibson the same day at Fairfield. Gibson is currently ranked above Shackelford

9 hours ago, RamMan said:

I am not sure of the wrestlers name, but Shackelford beat him 11-4 and that wrestler pinned Gibson the same day at Fairfield. Gibson is currently ranked above Shackelford

Got it. Rankings came out prior to that event. That result will he reflected in the future. I’m pretty good at this but definitely don’t predict the future and Gibson previously beat Bouldin 21-5. 

Coach McCoy asked that I let everyone know that Male has lost both Zach Chandler and Virgil Garcia for the season due to torn labrum's that will require surgery.

Hate to see their season end, both great kids. Hope for speedy recovery. 

9 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Coach McCoy asked that I let everyone know that Male has lost both Zach Chandler and Virgil Garcia for the season due to torn labrum's that will require surgery.

Hate to see their season end, both great kids. Hope for speedy recovery. 

Hate to hear that. Coach Chandler has always been a one of those great guys that you enjoy catching up with at big events. Pray for full and speedy recovery for both kids. 

Ranger just so you will know in next rankings Junior Reese Haight Daviess County out for season broken arm. Hate it for him he has worked hard over the past few years to get to this point and was so excited to make your list. Thanks for all you do.

15 minutes ago, panthers said:

Ranger just so you will know in next rankings Junior Reese Haight Daviess County out for season broken arm. Hate it for him he has worked hard over the past few years to get to this point and was so excited to make your list. Thanks for all you do.

Did he do that against Tilley for Bardstown? That was a titanic match. Hate that for him and hope he has solid recovery.

3 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Trouble cutting weight? 

I was talking to his dad,  I hear he loves to eat. His work in the woodshed didn’t pay off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

I was talking to his dad,  I hear he loves to eat. His work in the woodshed didn’t pay off. 

Don't blame the "woodshed" for his enormous appetite. Duke is a beast at any weight.

• Upvote 3

On 1/15/2019 at 10:28 AM, Ranger123 said:

Hate to hear that. Coach Chandler has always been a one of those great guys that you enjoy catching up with at big events. Pray for full and speedy recovery for both kids. 

New rankings coming soon with all the weight movements, upsets and injuries??

On 1/20/2019 at 8:27 PM, thewrestlingguru said:

New rankings coming soon with all the weight movements, upsets and injuries??

Working on it. Probably tomorrow. 

21 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Ha ha. Finishing heavy now. Real job getting in the way. I actually had to miss practice tonight for work. 

That has happened to me a lot this season. ER visits and MRI’s are friggin’ expensive! Lol.