Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

Small school state duals

42 minutes ago, coachteater said:

Section 2- Scott High and Harrison Co

When did it finish up?  I hear Scott and Walton still have to wrestle.  

1 hour ago, Chris Duke said:

When did it finish up?  I hear Scott and Walton still have to wrestle.  

Yes. Scott and Walton still have to wrestle, which will hopefully happen next week.  Scott defeated Harrison, and Harrison then beat Walton.  If Scott beats Walton, then Scott and Harrison qualify.  If Walton beats Scott, then things get a little tricky.

OK I don't understand how this happened.  From my understanding Scott, Harrison and Holmes were in one pool and Newport, Walton, and Cov Cath in another.  How did Harrison wrestle Walton? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bulldog-leader said:

OK I don't understand how this happened.  From my understanding Scott, Harrison and Holmes were in one pool and Newport, Walton, and Cov Cath in another.  How did Harrison wrestle Walton? 

Harrison beat Walton 39-32, Lost a tough one to Scott High 41-36, it was a very exciting dual.  Walton Verona has opted out of wrestling Scott High.  So Scott is the 1 and Harrison is the 2.  

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, bulldog-leader said:

Yes I am confused too!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, marriedtothemat said:

Yes I am confused too!

That is how the format played out. Scott/HC/Holmes were in one pool. WV, Newport, and CovCath were in the other pool. Pool winners which were WV wrestled the second placer winner from the other pool in the 4th round. So we beat Holmes, then lost to Scott 41-36, then we wrestled WV bc they were the one seed out of pool A and we were the 2 seed out of pool B. We beat WV. It was midnight so they opted to not wrestle Scott High that night, then they passed on a new date for the Scott/WV dual. So it ended up being Scott the 1 and HC as the 2. 

I don’t know about this seed meeting but seed criteria has meant nothing in most of the tournaments this year. Coaches bringing up middle school accolades to get their kid seeded higher and it worked. 

If you feel like you were the better seed, it will work itself out in the results. Who did you beat that Scott or Wayne lost to? What are their dual meet records? I really wish people would put all of their info on track and keep it up to date. It usually happens the week of regionals from my experience. It's like pulling teeth trying to get results sometimes. 

If one of the criteria is winning percentage, and your team is undefeated, it doesn’t matter if you beat someone that another team lost to. You still have a better winning percentage.