MikeHarrod

Rankings 1-5-19

Ok I was able to sit down and focus on this today and able to get it out a little early. Lots of shifting this week in weight classes as expected. We should be getting pretty close on these, but as always I'm sure there have been some things I missed since Woodland was not on track and with just a couple weeks till regionals we should start seeing kids falling where they will end up at State. If you know individual results that will effect these rankings just let me know.

I also put together our first Top 10 Dual list this season. Just to clarify and to make this as fair as possible I scored the teams based on how many and what rankings they had individual wrestlers at. For example a #1 kid received 10 points and a #10 kid received 1 point. I added up all the points that I listed as well. I then only ranked the top two teams out of each region because this is what we will see at state duals. This was the fairest way I saw to make this list and should give us a good indication what we will see at State Duals.

As always any input you may have is welcome. All complaints will be forwarded to my secretary LOL

Thanks for the opportunity to get to know your kids a little better by watching them on a weekly basis.

Mike Harrod

Anderson Co. Middle School Wrestling

1-5 Rankings.pdf

• Upvote 1

Thank you Mike, just want to point out that Malachi Rider from McCracken County is definitely in the top 3 in Middle School at 140. He’s ranked 8th in the high school rankings and has been mostly wrestling for the high school team as a 7th grader. Don’t know how many middle school matches he has. But just off his record at high school puts him in that slot.

Thanks for the update.  I'm not their coach but pretty sure that Bryant Beane is wrestled 126 at HS for most of his matches and Trevor Vilums is wrestling at 113 in HS. Both are 8th graders.  Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, twenhofelcoach said:

Thank you Mike, just want to point out that Malachi Rider from McCracken County is definitely in the top 3 in Middle School at 140. He’s ranked 8th in the high school rankings and has been mostly wrestling for the high school team as a 7th grader. Don’t know how many middle school matches he has. But just off his record at high school puts him in that slot.

He just placed 3rd at Father Ryan. He beat an Arkansas state champ, lost 11-7 to a #1 ranked kid in Tenn, and beat a #3 kid in Tenn 8-0. Hes a bad ass. He will win MS state if he want s to and he will challenge for a HS title. 

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

He just placed 3rd at Father Ryan. He beat an Arkansas state champ, lost 11-7 to a #1 ranked kid in Tenn, and beat a #3 kid in Tenn 8-0. Hes a bad ass. He will win MS state if he want s to and he will challenge for a HS title. 

I’d be surprised if he steps foot on the mat against middle school competition, but who knows. He’s top 3-4 in the state in high school. Region 1 at that weight (high school) is pretty ridiculous. I’d hate to be a 2 seed from any other region and draw either Merritt, Adams, or Rider 1st round at state. 

Thank you for checking and for making the effort to give us rankings. It was the opposite, Price pinned Richmond. Price is undefeated I believe. However there could be some confusion over Richmond not making weight.

I don't think Price has ever wrestled Richmond. I think there is a mix up on which 168 is Price. Price beat Gottler this past saturday, but not by pin. Price pinned Jacob Henning at Mustang duals at 190.

12 hours ago, Ekywrestler3x said:

Thank you for checking and for making the effort to give us rankings. It was the opposite, Price pinned Richmond. Price is undefeated I believe. However there could be some confusion over Richmond not making weight.

Who is this in the picture...the one with his hand raised is Jacob Richmond...so who did he wrestle?

3FC1DF97-F3BF-4CF8-9057-E9016E3BAE52.png

3 minutes ago, jnv858 said:

Who is this in the picture...the one with his hand raised is Jacob Richmond...so who did he wrestle?

It was one of these two

F03C22F0-D185-4E08-B757-F845C209C3FC.jpeg

8 hours ago, jnv858 said:

That is Ethan Webb in that picture. Chase wrestled 168-170. But didn’t Chase beat Brophy from Ryle? Or did someone else from Ryle wrestle at that weight? 

25 minutes ago, Jenniferannsmith said:

That is Ethan Webb in that picture. Chase wrestled 168-170. But didn’t Chase beat Brophy from Ryle? Or did someone else from Ryle wrestle at that weight? 

I have Brophy in our scorebook wrestling us at 168...so very possible

On 1/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, MikeHarrod said:

Ok I was able to sit down and focus on this today and able to get it out a little early. Lots of shifting this week in weight classes as expected. We should be getting pretty close on these, but as always I'm sure there have been some things I missed since Woodland was not on track and with just a couple weeks till regionals we should start seeing kids falling where they will end up at State. If you know individual results that will effect these rankings just let me know.

I also put together our first Top 10 Dual list this season. Just to clarify and to make this as fair as possible I scored the teams based on how many and what rankings they had individual wrestlers at. For example a #1 kid received 10 points and a #10 kid received 1 point. I added up all the points that I listed as well. I then only ranked the top two teams out of each region because this is what we will see at state duals. This was the fairest way I saw to make this list and should give us a good indication what we will see at State Duals.

As always any input you may have is welcome. All complaints will be forwarded to my secretary LOL

Thanks for the opportunity to get to know your kids a little better by watching them on a weekly basis.

Mike Harrod

1-5 Rankings.pdf

On 1/7/2019 at 6:36 PM, MikeHarrod said:

Mike Harrod

1-5 Rankings.pdf

jack mccubbin is dropping down to 113 and has beat addison messerly and charlie mckune

On 1/8/2019 at 9:41 AM, Mike Harrod said:

Yes found that out last night and that 140 is being adjusted

I don’t believe he is ranked any longer at the High School level