Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - December 24

37 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

I did look through that. Thought Mayer won it. Was it Mulcahy?

No unfortunately Mayer lost 8 to 4 In the finals. Although he looked incredibly strong and wrestled and great tournament. Mulcahy he also lost in the finals I believe 7 to 3  and had an awesome weekend. There’s a lot of great talent in Kentucky and it’s exciting to watch these kids wrestle out of state and hitting the podium   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ranger123 said:

Yeah crazy schedule the last week or so. Will update next week. I will try to reflect the many weight changes we have seen and remove anyone who hasn’t been on the mat. 

Gavin Andreoni hasn't even been certified according to track. Figured there was a deadline to certify your weight for descent plan, even if not, why is he "ineligible" according to Woodford's roster on track?

Just wondering.

36 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Gavin Andreoni hasn't even been certified according to track. Figured there was a deadline to certify your weight for descent plan, even if not, why is he "ineligible" according to Woodford's roster on track?

Just wondering.

I believe the eligibility column in track just refers to completed/approved fat test. It appears he hadn’t competed his yet so he gets an X for ineligible. Nothing more as far as I know. 

On 12/24/2018 at 11:33 PM, Ranger123 said:

Merry Christmas All!!!  I hope everyone has a happy and healthy holiday with family and friends.

Most of the rankings are starting to settle in, but with Christmas comes many wrestlers favorite gift of the 2 lb "growth" allowance.  With that I will start the new year ranking kids where they are competing (still quite a few kids I hear will be dropping).  Unfortunately, a LOT of coaches/teams are not updating results in track at all, so there are a ton of results that I don't have.  Huge thanks to coaches like Coach Fleming and Coach Leavell and a few others who go above and beyond to keep me up to date.  Thanks guys!  Still a few brackets I need to review from the last week or so, but a lot of shakeups throughout the weights.

Rankings_18_19_1224v2.pdf

Hello ranger I am a wrestler and I just want Ted to say at the 220 rankings I have beaten caleb mills Tyler boots but still not ranked

3 hours ago, Laneezel said:

Hello ranger I am a wrestler and I just want Ted to say at the 220 rankings I have beaten caleb mills Tyler boots but still not ranked

If all of your results are posted on track, Ranger will take notice. 

Got a question. I'm new to this site and kinda new to wrestling in general. I was just wondering how often do these rankings come out and get posted? We have some pretty good wrestlers at Belfry now and coming up through our middle school program. There's a kid from Belfry right now, Ethan Wolford, in the heavyweight class who is a junior and is 20-5 on the season. He just broke Belfry's record of all time wins in the heavyweight class at the Bobby Bates tournament a couple of weeks ago and placed 5th overall at that tournament. I saw the last Top 25 and he's wrestled all of the guys from Region 8 that's ranked and has beat a couple of those wrestlers on that list as well. Like I said, I'm new to this site and to the Ranger report and in no way am I questioning your guys judgement or expertise on how you go about ranking wrestlers because I'm quite sure you know exactly what your doing. Just would like to know what wrestlers have to do or what criteria they need to meet to get ranked is all. We're trying to get more of our kids at Belfry interested in this great sport and to let them know there's more out there besides football and like to be able to answer their questions when they have them. Thanks in advance if you reply. And keep up the great work. 

1 minute ago, #55PirateFan said:

Got a question. I'm new to this site and kinda new to wrestling in general. I was just wondering how often do these rankings come out and get posted? We have some pretty good wrestlers at Belfry now and coming up through our middle school program. There's a kid from Belfry right now, Ethan Wolford, in the heavyweight class who is a junior and is 20-5 on the season. He just broke Belfry's record of all time wins in the heavyweight class at the Bobby Bates tournament a couple of weeks ago and placed 5th overall at that tournament. I saw the last Top 25 and he's wrestled all of the guys from Region 8 that's ranked and has beat a couple of those wrestlers on that list as well. Like I said, I'm new to this site and to the Ranger report and in no way am I questioning your guys judgement or expertise on how you go about ranking wrestlers because I'm quite sure you know exactly what your doing. Just would like to know what wrestlers have to do or what criteria they need to meet to get ranked is all. We're trying to get more of our kids at Belfry interested in this great sport and to let them know there's more out there besides football and like to be able to answer their questions when they have them. Thanks in advance if you reply. And keep up the great work. 

Well basically, Ethan will have his match results posted on a website called Trackwrestling depending on if Belfry post their matches on track. If they do then it will have all his varstiy matches that he's wrestled this season and past seasons. Ranger will compile matches and info from Track and also get some other information from coaches who have been surrounded around or watched the kid wrestle. Ranger will take into account quality of competition, record, and what ranked opponents he has beaten and/or lost to. If he has beaten some ranked kids and has a pretty good record, which you say he does, then Ranger will take notice and put him into the rankings. If he does not than Ethan will have to continue to win matches and beat higher ranked wrestlers but usually all of that takes care of its self. Ranger, in my opinion, does an amazing job with rankings so your kid keeps winning and beating highly ranked competition, he will see his way onto the rankings

15 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Yeah crazy schedule the last week or so. Will update next week. I will try to reflect the many weight changes we have seen and remove anyone who hasn’t been on the mat. 

I keep seeing where something called "track" has to be updated. What is this? And are the coaches the ones who have to update this? Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, thewrestlingguru said:

Well basically, Ethan will have his match results posted on a website called Trackwrestling depending on if Belfry post their matches on track. If they do then it will have all his varstiy matches that he's wrestled this season and past seasons. Ranger will compile matches and info from Track and also get some other information from coaches who have been surrounded around or watched the kid wrestle. Ranger will take into account quality of competition, record, and what ranked opponents he has beaten and/or lost to. If he has beaten some ranked kids and has a pretty good record, which you say he does, then Ranger will take notice and put him into the rankings. If he does not than Ethan will have to continue to win matches and beat higher ranked wrestlers but usually all of that takes care of its self. Ranger, in my opinion, does an amazing job with rankings so your kid keeps winning and beating highly ranked competition, he will see his way onto the rankings

Makes sense. And thank you for explaining it to me. I'll let our coaches know. Hopefully their already tracking this. Somebody is because we have one wrestler, Randall West, who is ranked. Thanks again for helping me out. Much appreciated. 

6 hours ago, #55PirateFan said:

I keep seeing where something called "track" has to be updated. What is this? And are the coaches the ones who have to update this? Thanks. 

So if you look at Ethan on trackwrestling,  his record shows 0-0. Once results are put in, the coach must click their name on the roster, then update selected records. 

Also, you can go to matches and look him up. That way it shows he is 9-3. So that tells me many matches arent entered yet, and his record hasnt been updated like i talked about above. 

Guys have covered most of it, but keeping track up to date is the key. That helps us be aware of results. For an unranked kid to jump into the rankings the easiest way is to beat a ranked kid. Record doesn’t always get it done because if you are off the radar that record may not get noticed. But like has already been mentioned, just keep wrestling hard and well and it will take care of itself. 

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Ethan wrestled Byron Pierce from Johnson Central and came up short in the 3rd round and he's beat the kid from Pikeville that's ranked 9th I think. So the problem is the coaches are not putting in the data for these kids and you guys have no way of knowing who they are or if their any good or not. And you guys are seeing his record for this year as 9-3 instead of 20-5, correct? Don't mean to ask so many questions just trying to get some of these kids noticed at Belfry if they deserve it. I really do appreciate all your responses though. 

6 minutes ago, #55PirateFan said:

Thanks guys I really appreciate it. Ethan wrestled Byron Pierce from Johnson Central and came up short in the 3rd round and he's beat the kid from Pikeville that's ranked 9th I think. So the problem is the coaches are not putting in the data for these kids and you guys have no way of knowing who they are or if their any good or not. And you guys are seeing his record for this year as 9-3 instead of 20-5, correct? Don't mean to ask so many questions just trying to get some of these kids noticed at Belfry if they deserve it. I really do appreciate all your responses though. 

I see him listed as 12-4. Track also shows that he lost to Johnson Centrals other hwt, Noah Blankenship. 

16 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

I see him listed as 12-4. Track also shows that he lost to Johnson Centrals other hwt, Noah Blankenship. 

Yes, he lost to Noah Blankenship at the Bobby Bates tournament. He went 7-2 there.