Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - December 13

Lots of technical difficulties delayed this post.  Mostly my laptop shutting down on me, but also Trackwrestling has been less than reliable in the last week (Saturday was a mess).  Also, a number of teams are less than efficient at keeping their results updated (nothing new).  As we get more results posted they will be reflected in the rankings.  Huge thanks to those coaches who go above and beyond to keep me updated.

Couple notes on kids and weights.  Yes, a number of wrestlers are ranked at weights they have not competed at yet.  Once we hit the 2lb allowance then I will assume kids are not dropping.  I have heard a ton of comments and rumors about kids moving weights.  Plus, these early season duals have a lot of kids bumping up to fill lineups, so without weigh in sheets it is impossible to guess what is going on.  Also, I have removed a number of wrestlers who are either not on their team's roster or who I heard are injured and may not return.

A few notes from the Raider Rumble:

106 - A close battle as expected between #1 and #2; Bowers wrestled tough and jumps up in the rankings

113 - no real surprises here except maybe the fact that Pye was actually at weight this early in the season

120 - as expected

126 - Thomas Deck is a hammer; good showings from Beane and Bowers

132 - Zac Cowan showed up and looks like a solid podium threat

138 - Trevor Pogue gets to a better weight for him and looks like he will score significant points for Union Co; I can't figure out what Jacob Grandstaff is doing

145 - Wheeler smashed the field

152 - Rivera dominant

160 - Yes Tom is this big, but is he 100% healthy and will he drop?

170 - Very good weight; returning OH State placer Williams has been pushed a couple weeks in a row by young Ky wrestlers

182 - Mayer was less than 100% healthy, but hammered through

195 - not much surprising here

220 - Another St X Tiger, Deprest, literally smashed the field

285 - Hager back on the mat and looks to be solid

Team - yes, Union Co nearly wins the Rumble with 5 studs out of the lineup at Ironman.  They are the obvious favorites, but I believe Johnson Central has a lineup to make it interesting.

Rankings_18_19_1213.pdf

I know Raider Rumble was a big tournament but King of the Bluegrass had some up sets that might have changed a few of these ranking ....keep up the good work we look forward to checking these rankings!

• Upvote 1

Thank you for all the hard work time and effort you put into these for us!   But I must say I’m not very impressed with this rankings today!!! Just from a glance I see a lot that does not add up, just my opinion 

32 minutes ago, 502pinned said:

I know Raider Rumble was a big tournament but King of the Bluegrass had some up sets that might have changed a few of these ranking ....keep up the good work we look forward to checking these rankings!

List some of the upsets that are not reflected.  I went through those brackets as hard as they were to follow, but definitely could have missed something.

2 minutes ago, Melissao6969 said:

Thank you for all the hard work time and effort you put into these for us!   But I must say I’m not very impressed with this rankings today!!! Just from a glance I see a lot that does not add up, just my opinion 

A LOT.  LIst them.

20 minutes ago, Melissao6969 said:

17 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

A LOT.  LIst them.

Haha! A lot!?!?!?!  You stink Ranger.  Losing a step so early in the season. Hehe!

18 minutes ago, 502pinned said:

One of the most exciting matches we saw was at 106 #3 July Soe vs #4 Aubrey Burke ... last second take down to win Burke defeated Soe... 

Yeah, I believe they have split now, with Soe holding the overall advantage.  Looks like that one could go either way.

11 minutes ago, 502pinned said:

Deven Herron over Dillon Harkins was an impressive match too 

Didn't realize you were referring to good matches.  I only referred to Raider Rumble matches because I sort previewed it in my previous post.  No intent to ignore other events or results.

7 hours ago, Melissao6969 said:

I think you should do your own rankings then. Pretty sure Ranger has stated numerous times that these are based off info he is receiving. If you feel like your child was shunned by Ranger then have them perform on the mat and send those results to Ranger for ranking purposes. These are a discussion point at this time as kids change throughout the year. We are 2 weeks into the season for goodness sake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GentleBeard said:

FYI: Dillon Whitaker (160) was relieved of his wrestling duties last year in mid January. He is not certified has since transferred to a school that has no wrestling program. 

Thank you sir. Haven’t checked certs on kids below #20. 

On 12/13/2018 at 11:08 AM, Ranger123 said:

Yeah, I believe they have split now, with Soe holding the overall advantage.  Looks like that one could go either way.

I am completely unbiased as I have no affiliation with either kid or team, but it is my opinion that the two should be switched as Aubrey has 3 wins in a row over July now dating back to last season.

19 hours ago, 385 said:

I am completely unbiased as I have no affiliation with either kid or team, but it is my opinion that the two should be switched as Aubrey has 3 wins in a row over July now dating back to last season.

I am seeing a win for Soe on 12/1