Sign in to follow this  
Bond James Bond

What are the BEST off season Camps?

Union Co

Usually first week Jun Wed thru Sat last year was 2nd week

cost is $165 if you have more than I think 8 its $155

There is usually 4 or 5 different college coaches or current wrestlers from them to instruct over 250 kids from all over the country. Last year these were some of the schools that was there to teach Illinois, Penn St, SIUE, Lindsey Wilson and Indiana. These schools all had either a coach or a wrestler there to teach and others I am sure I am forgetting.  It is maybe the best camp for the money spent in the nation. 

• Like 1

i agree that any thing Coach Burroughs is a part of is worth attending.  Looking back, I think the Jordan camps were the most beneficial.  Your wrestler is not going to learn standing cradles or flying squirrels, but they will learn solid technique and wrestle with some of the toughest kids in the country.  Make sure you ask Jeff to put your kid in the hammer camp.  They usually hand pick the kids for that one.  No matter what you attend i don't believe it is wasted money.  Your kid is on the mat getting better.  We don't get a handbook on how to raise wrestlers, we usually look at the guys that came before us and ask them how their kid had success.  Wrestling is the best sport on the planet.  Keep grinding and put your kid in the best position to succeed.  Good luck this season. 

• Like 2