Sign in to follow this  
Josh_Claywell

Saying hello, and an early goodbye

Hey folks. Long time, no post. Wanted to check in and see how everyone was doing and to see if y'all are ready for the new season. I know I am, even though I have just one team to cover these days in Taylor County.

This will be my last season covering wrestling in Kentucky as I am planning to move to North Carolina in the summer. I have covered this sport for the last 14 or 15 years now and have gotten to know a lot of folks through it. Folks like @Ranger123, who busts his butt every year getting the rankings out -- even if they may not please everyone -- and expects nothing in return for all of his hard work. You have made my job easier, Jason, so thank you for that.

To all the coaches and athletes I've worked with over the years, thank you for allowing me to tell your stories. I've enjoyed getting to know y'all on and off the mat.

See you guys on the mat this year.

• Upvote 2

Thank you for all that you have done for us! We are sad to see you go but you always have a place here. Please dont be a stranger to the forums!

• Upvote 1

As I don't know you personally thanks for the exposure you have given to kids around the state. I am in my 15th season and have seen the sport grow a lot in that time from guys like you, Ranger and many others who have done a lot of the little extra things. I wish we had guys like you in our area that would take an interest in studying and following the sport to report on it more to give the kids all the credit they deserve. Others then could learn what we all already know that wrestling is a great demanding sport with the greatest rewards of all thanks again. Good luck in your new adventures.

• Upvote 1

You will be missed Josh. I can’t imagine anyone has come close to bringing wrestling news to the fans in their area like you have. Way back to the days before track your reporting was a crucial part of trying to keep rankings relevant. Good luck in the future. Track me down at state and let me buy you a Pepsi. 

22 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

You will be missed Josh. I can’t imagine anyone has come close to bringing wrestling news to the fans in their area like you have. Way back to the days before track your reporting was a crucial part of trying to keep rankings relevant. Good luck in the future. Track me down at state and let me buy you a Pepsi. 

Or just get him a free one from the coaches hospitality room :D. In all seriousness, I really enjoyed your articles. They were some of the first I ever read when I got into this sport. Best wishes on your move.

• Upvote 1

On 11/28/2018 at 2:54 PM, Ranger123 said:

Thank you, buddy. Hope to see you out there somewhere this season.

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Or just get him a free one from the coaches hospitality room :D. In all seriousness, I really enjoyed your articles. They were some of the first I ever read when I got into this sport. Best wishes on your move.

Thank you for the kind words and for reading. Wrestling is the one sport I have loved writing about more than the others I've gotten to cover over the years.

• Upvote 1