Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - Preseason November 23

47 minutes ago, turk101 said:

106lb.  july soe #8  has beat Aubrey Burke #5 like 4 times 

I believe July soe is moving up to 113 but don’t know anything about Aubrey Burke but would believe he would move up too as he looked big last year. 

I'm not sure if it's true or not... But I have been told that several coaches do not want there wrestlers getting ranked...  My sons high school coach for one doesn't like it.. Not sure why?  Maybe the wrestlers get a big head? Or worry about what the ranking says instead of putting there foot on the line and wrestling. . I won't lie.. I love looking at the rankings... I think it's very cool, That we can Rank are KY athletes and get them recognized and talked about..  It will NEVER be perfect. .  I accept that.. It's one person trying to follow a entire state...   It just gives us the parents something to look at.  Anyway y'all have fun.. Remember how much we are blessed... #300 #KentuckyWrestling!

Rankings get people talking. They make some matches more interesting. I've been sitting in the stands while people are playing on their phones. I'll tell them that #1 vs #4 is on mat 2. They will perk up and watch. Coaches around here are not fans, but many parents are. They will ask me who their boy will see. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, EatMyCrossFace said:

I believe July soe is moving up to 113 but don’t know anything about Aubrey Burke but would believe he would move up too as he looked big last year. 

Aubrey is staying at 106

On 11/27/2018 at 12:16 PM, turk101 said:

106lb.  july soe #8  has beat Aubrey Burke #5 like 4 times 

Not sure what happened on that one. Guessing something got translated wrong around state last year and the order got messed up. Will fix going forward. 

On 11/26/2018 at 10:00 AM, GentleBeard said:

Agreed. Half of my wrestlers are ranked in weight classes they won’t be competing in and one is ranked lower than 5 kids he beat last year and has winning records against. I do appreciate the amount of time put into these rankings, but they’re a double edged sword.

Until your fat test is posted I don’t change much. Can’t expect me to guess. 

Just to help with new potential weights this year, I can tell you that Caleb Mills (Trinity Whitesville) listed in your preseason 195, wrestled at 220 last week and looked every bit of that weight, and Briar Roberts (Trinity Whitesville) listed in your preseason 220, wrestled at 285.  Mills went several rounds and pinned Sam Floyd of Bardstown, a state qualifier last season at 182. Roberts defeated Alex Chesser of Bardstown, a state qualifier two seasons ago at 285.  Also, last night Miles Nelson of North Hardin, listed in your preseason 160, wrestled Keldon Tilley of Bardstown, listed in your preseason 145, and they wrestled each other at 152.  Hope that helps, just trying to do my part. :)

22 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Until your fat test is posted I don’t change much. Can’t expect me to guess. 

That’s right. I don’t. I’ve got no problem with how you do your rankings and don’t expect you to know what you don’t know. Although, it would be nice for track to cooperate with us so we can actually post our fat tests....but that’s a completely different issue.

13 hours ago, Hunter arthur said:

220 - #22 Casey Rauch pinned #11 Ian Hughes at defender duals 

But who all has beaten Rauch ranked above him. Season is just now starting, give it a few weeks and Ranger will have these all sorted out.