Sign in to follow this  
dutch

KY proud

Spend today in New York with Ranger, Ryan, and Mason. We watched them wrestling at Cornell. Mason ended up with a second place finish and Ryan took 4th. Really proud of both the boys and their transition into college wrestling. 

We also watched Sean Fausz take a second place finish at the U23’s and Trent Johnson finish with a second place finish as well. Awesome to see KY boys make some noise at the next level. 

Good luck to all the Kentucky wrestlers as the season begins in the bluegrass state. Go kick some butt!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I'm trying to follow Ryan and Mason in college but can't find them listed on the websites for Cornell and Army.  Can you provide an update on where they're at and how to track them?

Thanks!

6 hours ago, purpleandgold said:

I'm trying to follow Ryan and Mason in college but can't find them listed on the websites for Cornell and Army.  Can you provide an update on where they're at and how to track them?

Thanks!

Since Cornell is Ivy League and unable to redshirt they do what is called a "Grey Shirt" You will be able to find Ryan's results if you look for the Finger Lakes Wrestling Club. Mason may be at the Prep Academy

They are both red/gray shirts this year. You are correct that Ryan with be listed under finger lakes and Mason under USMAPS. Jason and I both try to put updates on Twitter. I am @cbcornett and Jason is @ranger_moore I f you wanted to follow. Thank you for being interested in their transition to college. So far so good. They have both place in every college tournament they have attended. We have high hopes for them in both wrestling and academically. Only time will tell. If they put the work in daily, they will be successful in both aspects. 

Thanks again for your interest. 

• Upvote 2

thanks for info, dutch.  I also have tried keepin up with Ryan Moore through Cornell's website and couldn't figure out how to.  Pullin hard for that kid to succeed.  Class act.  And I had totally forgotten about Mason wrestling with Army so I'll be following his progress as well.

Sorry guys, been crazy busy and missed this post. 

Yes Ryan is wrestling with Finger Lakes this year. Website (with limited info) is 

http://www.nyrtc.us/_finger_lakes_prep

This grey shirt season is 100% focused on improvement, training with the RTC daily and settling into life in Ithaca. 

If you follow any of those guys on social media the Big Red crew has a running joke going. Ryan was set to face Yianni in the finals of the Mat Town Open at Lock Haven. Yianni wasn’t at full speed and med FF to Ryan so he didn’t get to enjoy that butt kicking. But a lot of the coaches and wrestling and even Yianni’s little Brother Greg has been posting comments about Yianni losing to Ryan. So there’s the full story for anyone who wondered. 

On 12/11/2018 at 8:56 AM, Ranger123 said:

If you follow any of those guys on social media the Big Red crew has a running joke going. Ryan was set to face Yianni in the finals of the Mat Town Open at Lock Haven. Yianni wasn’t at full speed and med FF to Ryan so he didn’t get to enjoy that butt kicking. But a lot of the coaches and wrestling and even Yianni’s little Brother Greg has been posting comments about Yianni losing to Ryan. So there’s the full story for anyone who wondered. 

I spoke with Merola for a bit at the Wilkes Open and he said that their room is insane and that Ryan is doing very well in there.