Sign in to follow this  
Nike Man

Iowa vs Kent St/ Penn State vs Kent State

I love that the college season is here! Having Flo sure helps pass the time. Iowa and Penn State has once again emerged as the 2 powerhouse programs in the country. Ohio State is obviously still right there with them as well. Although Iowa pitched the shutout against Kent State winning 45-0, I thought Penn State looked more dominant with a 52-3 victory. I know it’s Kent State, but there are some solid kids in that lineup. Penn State is weak at 125 and might have to make an adjustment there. Iowa’s lineup was good the other night, but they left some big names at home (Kemerer and Stoll.) Here is my early, early, too dang early dual meet prediction based solely off of one duals. I’m a HUGE Hawkeyes fan, but this is gonna get ugly! Penn State is just absolutely amazing. 

125 Lee tech Schnupp Iowa 5-0

133 Bravo-Young dec DeSanto Iowa 5-3

141 Lee dec Murin PSU 6-5

149 Verkleeren dec Lugo PSU 9-5

157 Nolf pin Young PSU 15-5

165 Joseph dec Marinelli PSU 18-5

174 Hall dec Kemerer  PSU 21-5

184 Rasheed maj Wilcke PSU 25-5

197 Nickal pin Warner PSU 31-5

HWT Cassar dec Stoll PSU 34-5

Bravo-Young and Verkleeren will step right into this line up and AA, probably top 3 or 4 if not higher. Rasheed at 184 looked right at home. Nickal looked like he has filled in to 197 without any issue. And, I expect to see Cassar knock off Nevills for the starting spot. If Penn State was to insert Teasdale at 125, this could be a very scary team. They could possibly have 5 champs, again.....if not more.

Iowa is a distant third. Buckeyes are the defending Big Ten champs and have an outside shot at the national title. It’s a two horse race for the title though.