Sign in to follow this  
Kburke927

Who to watch

Just curios if anyone has any insight on who to keep your eyes on with all the beginning of the year weight changes ... 106 kids staying 106.... 106 kids moving up and to what weight .... 113 kids moving weight classes and 120 or 126...

80% are moving up. Lots to keep an eye on. A few incoming freshman will quickly leave marks: Little, Duke, Rodriquez, Giannone, and Thomas. 

• Like 1

During post season I had the privilege of coaching the MS National Dual Team. So I’ll focus on the freshman class. I agree with Dr Baker on his list. Some freshman that I think will make a run and are hungry. Levid Rodriquez from JC will be a beast to contend with the next 4 years, you’ll get to know his name! Kolby Koepp from McCracken is hard working and has a lot of talent. Jo-el Hatchett with St X has some raw talent and funk. He’ll be fun to watch. Issac Thorton will take Grant County back to state this year and should be on a mission. Although he wasn’t able to go with us, Blue Fletcher also with JC is a bull. Depending on where he falls in weight,will be interesting as he looks like he continues to  get big. Spencer Moore fitting into WV line up,at most likely 106, will have a great freshman year. And, I may be bias but I also think Noah Duke and Cole Thomas from Ryle could have a solid year. All in all, we have so many great kids with talent throughout the state and these are just a few of the great freshman.  Good luck to all of these young men and woman as they start another grind!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, gameface said:

During post season I had the privilege of coaching the MS National Dual Team. So I’ll focus on the freshman class. I agree with Dr Baker on his list. Some freshman that I think will make a run and are hungry. Levid Rodriquez from JC will be a beast to contend with the next 4 years, you’ll get to know his name! Kolby Koepp from McCracken is hard working and has a lot of talent. Jo-el Hatchett with St X has some raw talent and funk. He’ll be fun to watch. Issac Thorton will take Grant County back to state this year and should be on a mission. Although he wasn’t able to go with us, Blue Fletcher also with JC is a bull. Depending on where he falls in weight,will be interesting as he looks like he continues to  get big. Spencer Moore fitting into WV line up,at most likely 106, will have a great freshman year. And, I may be bias but I also think Noah Duke and Cole Thomas from Ryle could have a solid year. All in all, we have so many great kids with talent throughout the state and these are just a few of the great freshman.  Good luck to all of these young men and woman as they start another grind!!!

Looks like Hatchett is at Fern Creek. Pretty sure I saw him on their roster.

32 minutes ago, gameface said:

The freshman class is loaded. There’s a lot of talent in this state for the 2022. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pin2win said:

Looks like Hatchett is at Fern Creek. Pretty sure I saw him on their roster.

Thank you for clearing that up. He’s a good kid and I wasn’t sure where he landed for HS just that he wrestled for Efren last year. 

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

How about Dylan Preston and Reece Goss at Johnson Central? Different Dylan Preston? 

Both great  wrestlers. I forgot Reese was only a freshman. Dylan Preston, Stephen Little, Trayce Eckman with UC, Devon Herron.  There’s just a lot of great freshman that are coming out. Maybe is the personal connections but the young men and women that  wrestle and Kentucky are some of the greatest kids out there. Almost every team has the state champion in the making, in their room. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DrBaker said:

How about Dylan Preston and Reece Goss at Johnson Central? Different Dylan Preston? 

I don’t think the JC Dylan Preston is going to wrestle this year. Hope I’m wrong but doesn’t look like he will this year. Reece Goss has looked really good so far early in practice. JC has some solid young wrestlers on the mats  this year. 

• Upvote 1