OAC WRESTLING VS THE WORLD

OAC WRESTLING VS THE WORLD, Ep. 1

Welcome to OAC WRESTLING VS THE WORLD. Its opening weekend in the college wrestling world! In this episode I talk about why I decided to make this show, who I will be talking about, and why it matters to the wrestling world. Also included is a little history about the Ohio Athletic Conference (OAC), its wrestling teams, and what to look forward to this season. Enjoy! Disclaimer: I am working out the kinks on my webcam still, apologies for appearing so glitchy! Jon Garrison is a 2x NCAA All-American wrestler, former collegiate wrestling coach, Brazilian Jiu-jitsu blue belt, and MMA fighter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReZN0RquW94&feature=youtu.be

Which OAC school?  I played football at Capital from 93-96. I grew up not far from Mount Union, where my mom graduated from. My dad was the head wrestling coach at Beloit West Branch from 1978-1989 and played football at BW for Lee Tressel back in the late 60’s. Several of his wrestlers went to OAC schools, mostly Mount, BW, or Muskingum. I remember as a kid going to Mount Union matches when one of his former wrestlers was going to be there. 

I see. Even though I grew up around Alliance with a mom who was a Mount alum, I find nothing more annoying than Mount Union Football.

John Carroll was my second choice of Colleges. I had an ROTC scholarship in my pocket, and the only two OAC schools with an on-campus ROTC program were Cap and JCU. I liked Columbus better than the east side of Cleveland.