gameface

Girls Wrestling in Kentucky

Does anyone know the 1st girls in Kentucky to become All Americans of a National Tournament in High School? The Miracle girls come to mind but I’m not sure if they placed/AA’d at national tournaments and if they were at Taylor County at the time. With all the girls we have completing now, I’m sure we are going to hear a lot about this great growth and their success. I’ll put ours on the list. Olivia Messerly at 103lbs in the HS Woman’s Super 32. Places 3rd with All American Honors. 1st for the Ryle Raider Program!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Huge congratulations to Olivia. That is an amazing accomplishment. I had the opportunity to watch her firsthand at the All Star Classic. Very impressive.  I’m not sure who is/was the first high school All American for our ladies here in KY, but I know we are sure proud of Mequoia Bernabe here in Woodford County for becoming an All American this past year at Fargo. I am really excited about our future with womens wrestling in KY. Any time we are building the sport, we are heading in the right direction.

• Upvote 4

We do have some great talent in state. We have some great backing and support also. It is great seeing so many realizing the potential of the female side of the sport. Congratulations to all of Kentucky's females for pioneering a path for up and comers.

Don't know if a list is being made but I'll add Courtney Pittman to the list. She was All-American in 2017 at OKC and All-American in 2018 in OKC. She is starting her sophomore year in high school.

• Upvote 1

I remember a female who wrestled in Danville (I think) a few years back who was pretty good. I know she wrestled mainly freestyle, don't remember her name. 

Not sure if Precilla Brownfield from Campbell Co. She is probably the most accomplished in Ky high school she was one match from placing at the state tournament (2006). 

MaQuoia Bernabe (Woodford) placed 5th at Fargo this year. :) 

3 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

I remember a female who wrestled in Danville (I think) a few years back who was pretty good. I know she wrestled mainly freestyle, don't remember her name. 

Abby Sallee from Danville wrestled at Campbellsville in college.  

• Upvote 1

On 11/1/2018 at 6:08 PM, GentleBeard said:

How many girls tournaments are being hosted in the state this year?

I believe we are up to 3 plus state!  This is awesome!  

Any coaches that are hosting, if you send the information to mamaduck333@gmail.com I will make sure it gets posted on the KY Female wrestling facebook page :)

Thanks for all that you are all doing to support these girls!

Shirley