Sign in to follow this  
crazyotto

Flo Rankings

The boys at Flo are teasing us by trickling out their rankings. Sean Fausz got the 9 at 125. This is his last go-round, so I would love to see him make the podium. I could see him as high as 6.

4 hours ago, wildcat2002 said:

Yes sir. I was wondering if he would make a run at 33. The cut seemed to have took the life out of him late in the year. 

133 is stacked, wouldn't take my chances there either.

As much as a fan of Fausz as I am, I highly doubt he would start at 33 on his own team. Tariq Wilson is tough and currently ranked #3. 

I see Austin still listed on the Mizzou roster (great news) and I really hope he's ready to bust back on the scene with a successful season but noticed this story on their news page:

https://mutigers.com/news/2018/9/23/-mizzouwrestlings-zach-elam-claims-silver-medal-at-world-junior-championships.aspx?path=wrestling

Anyone seen Elam in action and have an opinion on whether he will push for the starting spot his freshman year?  Not instigating, I honestly just don't know much about him or what the staff has in store for the 2018-19 season.  One would think they feel good about having a stronger, older Austin back in lineup and a RS would the ideal decision for Elam.

• Upvote 1

Tariq has the 133 spot locked down and is looking at top four at NCAAs. I would guess the 33 spot is his as long as he wants it. Fausz has been conditioning his body to go 25 (my guess).

Myers should come in with a lot of motivation. NR by Flo in their top 20. I doubt Elam steps in as a true frosh take the spot unless he really wows the coaches. While Elam wrestles the style needed to be successful in today’s HWT class, he would be better served taking a RS and obliterate the comp at opens. I see a lot of decent talent at HWT this year, but nothing dominating. Myers has an opportunity to face a number of these guys. I don’t think a top ten finish is out of the question for him.

On 9/28/2018 at 9:40 PM, wildcat2002 said:

Hwt appears to be down this year. First time in a long time without a couple serious monsters. 

Overall, it is. However I see a handful of guys that can compete for the top spot. Makes it exciting. 

STOLL,HALL MILLER and many more qualifiers at hvy ,of course losing the #1 olympic athlete in the country makes it easy to say a class lost a lot lmao,as usual people setting up to take a knock on the Man lmao.

And wrestlestats seems to have Myers ranked top 20 even without wrestling since early last yr ..Regardless kys Most winningest High School wrestler and The Ncaa hvyweight fresh of the yr from 2 yrs ago will be on the mat soon win or lose im sure the rust needs knocked off but he seems all healed up.

• Downvote 1

I personally can't wait to see what the big man is capable of doing this year.  Would be awesome for him to have a monster season and rep the bluegrass. 

This kid (yes I said kid I'm an old geezer and they are all kids to me) is capable of being a total beast.  If he keeps his head on straight and stays focused he can do much.  This is a great kid/man with or without wrestling. 

Good luck Austin . 

4 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

I personally can't wait to see what the big man is capable of doing this year.  Would be awesome for him to have a monster season and rep the bluegrass. 

This kid (yes I said kid I'm an old geezer and they are all kids to me) is capable of being a total beast.  If he keeps his head on straight and stays focused he can do much.  This is a great kid/man with or without wrestling. 

Good luck Austin . 

I agree GOO. Hope to see a healthy, successful season from Austin and Sean. 

7 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

Good luck Austin . 

+1. As I stated above, he should have a good year. MAC champ is strong possibility which would/should mean decent NCAA seed and a shot at AA. Good luck!

Elam over Myers 7-1 in wrestle off. Looks like he's kept form since junior worlds. I'm sure Myers will knock off the rust by the middle of the season wants he gets back into the flow and on the mat more consistently. It's good he has some competition in the room now it should push them both.

• Upvote 2

On 9/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, CradleKY said:

I see Austin still listed on the Mizzou roster (great news) and I really hope he's ready to bust back on the scene with a successful season but noticed this story on their news page:

https://mutigers.com/news/2018/9/23/-mizzouwrestlings-zach-elam-claims-silver-medal-at-world-junior-championships.aspx?path=wrestling

Anyone seen Elam in action and have an opinion on whether he will push for the starting spot his freshman year?  Not instigating, I honestly just don't know much about him or what the staff has in store for the 2018-19 season.  One would think they feel good about having a stronger, older Austin back in lineup and a RS would the ideal decision for Elam.

Freshman Zach Elam (Kansas City, Mo.) had a dominant third period against redshirt junior Austin Myers (Plainfield, Ill.), and earned a 7-1 victory.

• Like 1

One match. As eyebrow raising as it might be, it’s one match. I still say the smart money is on Myers starting and Elam going the RS route. I think this would be in the best interest of the team, both long and short term.

Any word on Fausz?

Missouri forums say Elam should be starting as long as he can keep his redshirt, Myers should be back after his suspension(says 1 year from december, no reason giving) and fall into the starting role for the rest of the season. 

Think we all would like to see Austin representing KY proudly in whatever endeavor that may be. Just because he got beat by a Freshman, who by the way is pretty talented and will beat more than his fair share of college heavies, does not mean he will not beat him later in the year. We know Austin is still working his way back to a starting position. I just hope he gets it back and makes KY proud.

• Upvote 1

On 10/29/2018 at 8:46 PM, CCMS_SC said:

Splitting time between FS and folk currently. Wrestling for USA in U23 world's November 17-18 61kg.

Great stuff. Safe to assume he will be ready for 11/29 at ODU?

New rankings have Fausz outside the podium. He has not see much in the way of ranked competition. Hoping a big run through ACCs will earn him a nice seed at NCAAs.

• Upvote 1