Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

2018 All Star Classic + Gabe Dean Clinic

Restate a bunch of thank you’s

Joe Burroughs (No-Ox) and Isaac Knable (Invicta) have supported the event every year with donations and helping facilitate wrestlers participating. Great, great men. I encourage everyone who lives in their area to reach out to them and work with these guys. 

The great officials who volunteer their time to help build our sport. Garrett Pikul, Joe Cattan, and Jason Sidoras all did a fabulous job yesterday. 

My wife Amber does a ton behind the scenes to help keep me sane as I prepare for this stuff, but also jumps in to work the gate with little ones running all over. She is the best.

The Moore HS crew did a very good job hosting.  It’s not easy to get a gym, but then get help to set up, work the table, then clean.  Very good job.

Robert Tucker has saved me many hours on the road by helping out and also helped a lot with nailing down the bouts.

Darren Thomas is a great announcer and takes care of all the music which is much more complicated than you could imagine.  

Thanks to the college coaches who support this every year.  Appreciate them being there and hope the event helps them snag a couple extra wrestlers.

Thanks to Brandon for flying in from his new sunny home in Florida to see this event.  

Wrestlers were amazing yesterday.  A lot of exciting action.  We lost a great class of seniors, but still have a lot of hammers in KY.

Thanks to all those who came out to support the event and these kids.  But this is an area we need to improve upon.  There were 87 paid spectators.  Is that really all the interest we have in watching the best kids in our state compete?  I understand that “coaches” built up the number in the gym, but if we can’t get 100 people to spend a couple hours watching our all stars then it is tough to see it growing in the future.

The attendance frustrated me as well, we were in the middle of the largest city in Kentucky, we gotta do better. I am frustrated with myself as well since I had told so many people in our community about the event and none of the students who gave me an affirmative showed up, no teachers showed up, and a huge chunk of our team didn't even show up what could I have done differently to get them there? So I get it, it's hard to get people to come out from  your school community but I'm always trying to come up with ideas to get more people out, it could be an issue of we need to push more marketing.on our end. Wrestling, in my opinion, is a very poorly marketed sport at all levels and we gotta do what we can as fans, coaches, parents, wrestlers, etc to fix that.

I've got about 50 billion ideas floating in my head in how to improve "marketing" for the sport but there's always room for more ideas

2 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Restate a bunch of thank you’s

Joe Burroughs (No-Ox) and Isaac Knable (Invicta) have supported the event every year with donations and helping facilitate wrestlers participating. Great, great men. I encourage everyone who lives in their area to reach out to them and work with these guys. 

The great officials who volunteer their time to help build our sport. Garrett Pikul, Joe Cattan, and Jason Sidoras all did a fabulous job yesterday. 

My wife Amber does a ton behind the scenes to help keep me sane as I prepare for this stuff, but also jumps in to work the gate with little ones running all over. She is the best.

The Moore HS crew did a very good job hosting.  It’s not easy to get a gym, but then get help to set up, work the table, then clean.  Very good job.

Robert Tucker has saved me many hours on the road by helping out and also helped a lot with nailing down the bouts.

Darren Thomas is a great announcer and takes care of all the music which is much more complicated than you could imagine.  

Thanks to the college coaches who support this every year.  Appreciate them being there and hope the event helps them snag a couple extra wrestlers.

Thanks to Brandon for flying in from his new sunny home in Florida to see this event.  

Wrestlers were amazing yesterday.  A lot of exciting action.  We lost a great class of seniors, but still have a lot of hammers in KY.

Thanks to all those who came out to support the event and these kids.  But this is an area we need to improve upon.  There were 87 paid spectators.  Is that really all the interest we have in watching the best kids in our state compete?  I understand that “coaches” built up the number in the gym, but if we can’t get 100 people to spend a couple hours watching our all stars then it is tough to see it growing in the future.

I’d love to make the event but it’s kinda hard to make the 3 1/2 hour hike after football, weights, and church from eastern Ky. If it could be held in the Lexington area “2 hour hike” I believe you’d get a few people from eastern Ky make the trip and take in the event. I know it’s hard to please everyone but this is a great event that everyone would enjoy. 

2 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

I’d love to make the event but it’s kinda hard to make the 3 1/2 hour hike after football, weights, and church from eastern Ky. If it could be held in the Lexington area “2 hour hike” I believe you’d get a few people from eastern Ky make the trip and take in the event. I know it’s hard to please everyone but this is a great event that everyone would enjoy. 

When Blues a State Champ and down there wrestling in the All Star, I bet you and Mrs. Blues Mom will be downtown at the Hyatt in Louisville making a weekend of it!That boy will be there along with Levid from JC!! STUDS :)

• Upvote 1

The great officials who volunteer their time to help build our sport. Garrett Pikul, Joe Cattan, and Jason Sidoras all did a fabulous job yesterday. 

*Jason Sedoris ;)

55 minutes ago, thegreatgatsby said:

The great officials who volunteer their time to help build our sport. Garrett Pikul, Joe Cattan, and Jason Sidoras all did a fabulous job yesterday. 

*Jason Sedoris ;)

Darn it. I knew that from our old region 3 days. 

6 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

Then those from Westerm Ky will have a hike on our hands... plus we lose a hour. There will always be someone having to make a drive. 

13 hours ago, pin2win said:

Then those from Westerm Ky will have a hike on our hands... plus we lose a hour. There will always be someone having to make a drive. 

Has union ever sent a guy to this? I know Christian County has shown up recently big time.

18 hours ago, gameface said:

When Blues a State Champ and down there wrestling in the All Star, I bet you and Mrs. Blues Mom will be downtown at the Hyatt in Louisville making a weekend of it!That boy will be there along with Levid from JC!! STUDS :)

Let’s take it one step at a time lol. But you’re probably right lol. 

• Upvote 1