IndianaJoe

IndianaMat Hoosier Preseason Open September 9th

As we start to shift our focus from the international styles back to folkstyle the preseason tournaments are on the radar. In the past we have had a lot of great Kentucky guys head up north and perform extremely well. We are looking forward to many other great wrestlers to come this year.

Here is the information on this year's event on September 9th.
http://indianamat.com/index.php?/articles.html/indianamat-hoosier-preseason-open/2018-indianamat-hoosier-preseason-open-september-9th-r820/

Registration is now open and we will cap the registration at 650 paid entries.

• Upvote 1

Kentucky kids have had a lot of success at the IHPO. It is great to see the growth of Kentucky wrestling first hand. Last year we had over 20 colleges represented at the event from NJCAA to DI coaches. 

Looks like Ky will be well represented, especially at 148. Woodford has 3 themselves. 

109 - Spencer Moore

123- Gavin Andreoni

129- Thomas Deck, Seth Lutes, Migdoel Ocasio

135-Jakerion Merritt, Landon Lenhart,  Dylan Preston, Zac Cowan

141- Chase Yost, Gentry Deck, Jake Insko, Sheridan Willoughby

148- Wyatt Andreoni, Ronan Wyatt, Tj Cardwell, Nate Wheeler, Jacob Mcclintic, Eric Green, Charles Fuddold, Neal Aldridge

155- Rictor Morgan, Dalton Russellburg

163- Chase Fink, Tristan Brooks, Nathan Zinser

185- Tony Ornelas

198- Kadin Kulmer

223- Ben Deprest

KY has 45 total registered. NLW and Woodford are taking big groups (9 and 10 respectively) with several others thrown in. Every weight class is represented with the exception of HWT. Very exciting.  

109 - Aiden Zinser, Matthew Meyer, Connor Dutton, Spencer Moore

116 - Austin Hedges

123- Gavin Andreoni, Morgan Sallee

135- Jakerion Merritt, Landon Lenhart,  Dylan Preston, Zac Cowan, Anthony Kopp, Jack Calvery

148- Wyatt Andreoni, Ronan Wyatt, Cj Cardwell, Nate Wheeler, Jacob Mcclintic, Eric Green, Charles Fuddold, Neal Aldridge, Kevonni Young

155- Rictor Morgan, Dalton Russellburg, Zane Drury, Joseph Akemon

163- Chase Fink, Tristan Brooks, Nathan Zinser, John Vanetti, Jonathan Gaudin, Will Barber

173 - Jack Fuller

185- Tony Ornelas, Deandrick Bernabe, Ryan Martin

198- Kadin Kulmer

223- Benjamin Deprest

On 9/5/2018 at 12:43 PM, DrBaker said:

Looks like Ky will be well represented, especially at 148. Woodford has 3 themselves. 

109 - Spencer Moore

123- Gavin Andreoni

135-Jakerion Merritt, Landon Lenhart,  Dylan Preston, Zac Cowan

148- Wyatt Andreoni, Ronan Wyatt, Tj Cardwell, Nate Wheeler, Jacob Mcclintic, Eric Green, Charles Fuddold, Neal Aldridge

155- Rictor Morgan, Dalton Russellburg

163- Chase Fink, Tristan Brooks, Nathan Zinser

185- Tony Ornelas

198- Kadin Kulmer

223- Ben Deprest

Joseph Akemon 155

On 9/5/2018 at 4:24 PM, Bearcat said:

KY has 45 total registered. NLW and Woodford are taking big groups (9 and 10 respectively) with several others thrown in. Every weight class is represented with the exception of HWT. Very exciting.  

109 - Aiden Zinser, Matthew Meyer, Connor Dutton, Spencer Moore

116 - Austin Hedges

123- Gavin Andreoni, Morgan Sallee

135- Jakerion Merritt, Landon Lenhart,  Dylan Preston, Zac Cowan, Anthony Kopp, Jack Calvery

148- Wyatt Andreoni, Ronan Wyatt, Cj Cardwell, Nate Wheeler, Jacob Mcclintic, Eric Green, Charles Fuddold, Neal Aldridge, Kevonni Young

155- Rictor Morgan, Dalton Russellburg, Zane Drury, Joseph Akemon

163- Chase Fink, Tristan Brooks, Nathan Zinser, John Vanetti, Jonathan Gaudin, Will Barber

173 - Jack Fuller

185- Tony Ornelas, Deandrick Bernabe, Ryan Martin

198- Kadin Kulmer

223- Benjamin Deprest

Let’s go team KY 

KY with 3 in the finals. Deck brothers and Wheeler.  Looks like they made sure not to have a KY final with Insko v Host in the quarters and Insko v Deck in the semi finals. They will be fun to watch compete during the season. 

KY coming home with 3 Champs! Wheeler and the Deck bros. all pulled off wins in the finals. Great job by all that went and competed. We as a state had a very good showing.

• Upvote 2

Nate, Thomas and Gentry are all 3 top notch kids on and off the mat that display humility, work ethic and give time to help others. Could be no better representatives of our state and sport. Congrats guys.  

As always Kentucky brings a tough crew up here every year. I think they even bring more kids that Michigan most years and we are about 45 minutes from the Michigan border.

The Gentry brothers had awesome days, congrats on the titles and being the first brothers to win IHPO titles. Kentucky wrestling is definitely getting better every year.

Thanks to all those that made the trip to the Hoosier state. Next year will be the 10th IHPO, mark your calendar for September 8th.

2 hours ago, IndianaJoe said:

As always Kentucky brings a tough crew up here every year. I think they even bring more kids that Michigan most years and we are about 45 minutes from the Michigan border.

The Gentry brothers had awesome days, congrats on the titles and being the first brothers to win IHPO titles. Kentucky wrestling is definitely getting better every year.

Thanks to all those that made the trip to the Hoosier state. Next year will be the 10th IHPO, mark your calendar for September 8th.

* Deck brothers, Thomas and Gentry. 

I think you mean Yost, but he  didn’t get DQ’d.. he lost 2-1 to Insko and lost another close one to a top ranked Indiana kid (who Chase beat at Virginia Beach). 

2 hours ago, charger said:

I think you mean Yost, but he  didn’t get DQ’d.. he lost 2-1 to Insko and lost another close one to a top ranked Indiana kid (who Chase beat at Virginia Beach). 

Fat fingered typo. I swear I saw yesterday that it said DQ. Brackets don't say it now. That kid did have the top seed. 

Whoa! 

#2 @ 126 beats #1 @ 138 

#2 @ 132 beats #2 @ 126

#3 @ 132 beats #3 @ 145 

It will be  interesting to see how these results influence the weight these wrestlers go this year.  Be 1 heck of a treat if G. Deck, Yost, Insko, wheeler and TKC all battle it out for a title. 

It's great we had three place first and a forth. Let's look at the tournament overall. I can only comment on what I saw. K. Kulmer I only saw one of his matches but he looked like a freight train he ran through the kid he wrestled. W. Andreoni can wrestle with any one he was had some great matches, two college coaches asked me about him. Several of the lighter weights from Trinity and St-X won matches. R.Morgan, M. Ocasio, C. Fink and J. McClintic both went 3-2. There was a huge improvement overall in the level of wrestling from our state. I watched several go 0-2 last year. 

As for the brackets I understand you can't separate kids from one state but at 141 all of them on one side is not good. In the seeding criteria it asks that you put which school or club  you are with so they can separate those kids. So two at 148 same club meet in the quarters, so apparently  that didn't apply.

In the big picture our state is improving each year.

Great Job Guys