Sign in to follow this  
Ranger123

Kentuckywrestling.com HS Rankings 2018/2019 - Pre-Preseason June 14

Well, I've been sitting on these for long enough.  This is the pre-preseason ranking, so no weight class updates; simply update from the state tournament and remove the seniors.  I have added back a couple kids who were out at the end of the year due to injury and maybe a MS kid or two, but most of that will come as we get into the fall.

I haven't heard much activity, so if you have good intel on where some MS kids will be transitioning to HS let me know (just got a good one this afternoon).  I will also be trying to project out some weight classes as I see results through the summer and make a few updates possibly in late July or early August.

Rankings_18_19_0608.pdf

22 hours ago, Boonie11 said:

What  about Boone from Larue at 170

He was regional champ.

My mistake. Somehow had him in my spreadsheet as a senior. Will be corrected when I update in the next month. 

18 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

Yep, he will be back. 

A lot of talent in JC this year. Gonna be a challenge to find spots for them all. 

45 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

A lot of talent in JC this year. Gonna be a challenge to find spots for them all. 

Some talented kids at JC will not have spots in the starting lineup. That’s for sure. JC lineup should be solid from top to bottom. 

4 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Any clue if Jackson will be back? He's listed on their football roster as 194 Rb. 

I seldom believe football info. Always inflated. 

Is Luke, Braydon, and Blue not wrestling this year

On 9/5/2018 at 11:25 AM, Bluesdad said:

Some talented kids at JC will not have spots in the starting lineup. That’s for sure. JC lineup should be solid from top to bottom. 

I know Luke Chapman and Brandon Giannno will be a blessing for Lafayette... Is Blue wrestling? I didn't see him ranked .....   Good Luck this year... Go Blue.... 

3 hours ago, Bond James Bond said:

Is Luke, Braydon, and Blue not wrestling this year

I know Luke Chapman and Brandon Giannno will be a blessing for Lafayette... Is Blue wrestling? I didn't see him ranked .....   Good Luck this year... Go Blue.... 

Thanks James Bond. Yes, Blue will be wrestling for JC this year. Good luck to your youngin in the  upcoming season as well. 

2 hours ago, EatMyCrossFace said:

Any idea when the new rankings come out with updated weight changes or incoming freshmen? No rush just can’t wait to see all the exciting matchups this year 

Shooting for next week once I have the all star 100% nailed down. Still have 2 last issues to clear up and we are all set. 

Incoming freshman are tough. Some will still NOT make the list for a couple reasons. Kids who competed for clubs won’t usually show up until I have a clear indication of which HS they are attending. Also, unless they have some HS match reference to gauge where they fall I hesitate to guess. But don’t fret, it only takes a week or two of wrestling and they find their way in.