Sign in to follow this  
crazyotto

U23 this weekend

Brandon won his only match today. He'll be in the quarterfinals tomorrow. Seems like a great kid and is obviously an extremely talented wrestler. Sky is the limit for that young man. 

Brandon's next match is against Kyle Conel (Kent State). Kyle charged on to the national scene defeating Kollin Moore (Ohio State) 2x on his way to placing 3rd at NCAAs. This will be a tough match for Brandon, but an excellent opportunity to wrestle with one of the best kids in the country.

Fausz is having himself quite a tournament too! He's in the quarterfinals, and will be squaring off against Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State recruit). In my humble (and admittedly biased) opinion, this is a winnable match for Fausz. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Old wrestler said:

Brandon won his only match today. He'll be in the quarterfinals tomorrow. Seems like a great kid and is obviously an extremely talented wrestler. Sky is the limit for that young man. 

Brandon's next match is against Kyle Conel (Kent State). Kyle charged on to the national scene defeating Kollin Moore (Ohio State) 2x on his way to placing 3rd at NCAAs. This will be a tough match for Brandon, but an excellent opportunity to wrestle with one of the best kids in the country.

Fausz is having himself quite a tournament too! He's in the quarterfinals, and will be squaring off against Roman Bravo-Young (Penn State recruit). In my humble (and admittedly biased) opinion, this is a winnable match for Fausz. 

Thx for updates. Been away from computer and not able to follow.  

4th place AA for Fausz. Was teched vs RBY, won his next 3 including a win vs Nick Piccinni of Oklahoma State. Lost his final match to chaz tucker of cornel.

Reed, wrestling at 97k not Hwt. Reed loses to Conel 8-7. Conel makes the finals where Kolin Moore of TOSU gets his revenge with 2 tech's.

Reed loses his next match in the consis by tech to Gentile, who ended up fifth.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat2002 said:

4th place AA for Fausz. Was teched vs RBY, won his next 3 including a win vs Nick Piccinni of Oklahoma State. Lost his final match to chaz tucker of cornel.

Reed, wrestling at 97k not Hwt. Reed loses to Conel 8-7. Conel makes the finals where Kolin Moore of TOSU gets his revenge with 2 tech's.

Reed loses his next match in the consis by tech to Gentile, who ended up fifth.

Thanks for the update! 

Brandon only losing to Kyle 8-7 is pretty incredible. He's jumped a few levels at Lindsey Wilson (a testament to his work ethic and LWs coaching staff). I see him earning a spot on the U23 team before his career is over. Side note, the NAIA heavyweight division from last year was stacked. The top 4 could more than hold their own at the D1 level. 

RBY is for real. Teasdale will not be getting much mat time at PSU... Correct me if I'm wrong, but Chaz defeated Desanto at the EIWAs, right? Two tough opponents for Fausz, but 4th at the U23 national qualifier is pretty darn good. 

Congrats to Fausz and Reed for representing Kentucky. 

• Upvote 2