Neutral

Desanto

Hes on the move. Looks like Drexel tired of the charades (EWL Finals) (Micic Quater Final)

Looks like he hasa interest from Iowa and PSU (already meeting with Cael)

A couple top dogs trying to plug their holes. 

I love the Hawkeyes, but I hope Desanto goes somewhere else. What he tried to do to Micic in the quarters at the NCAAs is ridiculous. I don’t mind hard nosed wrestling, but this guy is just flat out dirty. I’d rather he go to PSU and meet up against Spencer Lee at some point and Spencer kick the snot out of him. 

The 4 stalling calls was ridiculous. I've never seen that in one period in college wrestling. He deserved to lose that match though. It was nuts to lay there like that. 

• Upvote 1

We were at the EIWA’s this year and witnessed the Desanto show. We were in the front row about 10 feet from the mat. Desanto was losing to Chas Tucker and he was losing his mind. During the match he was yelling at his coaches and we just shook our heads. 

His mom was in the row behind us and when he lost she went crazy. She started dropping F bombs and flipping everyone off. Poor little Spencer Moore looked terrified. Guess the apple doesn’t fall far Friday m the tree. 

I cant imagine the Cael would deal with his antics. I think Iowa might be a good fit. I have always said most of the Iowa guys seem a little off. 

• Upvote 2

I'm hearing from a lot of different boards he has autisim. That it effects people differently and this is just the out burst  that he has. 

I'm not going to make comments one way or another. But if your not in mma and injuring you opponent comes to mind. You need some time off. 

I'm glad for one Drexel took a stand he's been yelling at his corner ALL YEAR. AT first I thought it was passion but now it just is ridiculous. I would have told him file his papers long ago. 

Hearing this news about his mother reaction makes a little more sense though. Glad I won't have to worry about this from Spencer and co from the coming years..

Hopefully yianni recovers from that acl it sucks that they can't shirt in ivy league. Excited to see Ryan ball out in those lower weights too. Hopefully he gets some blood out there early.

Couldn’t disagree more with Dutch or Wildcat. You act like Iowa wrestlers are a bunch of thugs like this guy. Iowa wrestlers might seem “a little off” but they are not dirty like this guy. They sure as heck don’t yell at their coaches like this guy. Just watched videos from the Southern Scuffle. This guy has a major problem. If he went to Iowa, Coach Brands and company might be just what this punk needs to straighten out. Hopefully he lands somewhere that will fix him. Lots of life lessons to learned by this kid. 

• Upvote 1

I was going to say

Metcalf finals

Gilman vs Waters ( and to act like that Waters slammed him after was beyond me ... To continue wrestling like he didn't slam Waters..) 

That being said it's not an Iowa thing only. Every program have those border line guys when your a top 5 program like Iowa everyone has eyes on you and you just have more haters

• Upvote 1

Fits maybe, but never intentionally trying to hurt someone. And I would guarantee, if someone bucks Coach Brands or Terry, or Morningstar, etc., they will feel the wrath of the whole staff. If this kid has a mental disorder, then that needs to be addressed. But, mental disorder or not, if he can’t control himself on the mat, he needs to stay off of it. There is no place in wrestling for people like him. 

Just now, Nike Man said:

Fits maybe, but never intentionally trying to hurt someone. And I would guarantee, if someone bucks Coach Brands or Terry, or Morningstar, etc., they will feel the wrath of the whole staff. If this kid has a mental disorder, then that needs to be addressed. But, mental disorder or not, if he can’t control himself on the mat, he needs to stay off of it. There is no place in wrestling for people like him. 

+1 that being said though everyone deserves a second chance. Hopefully he figures out and achieve his goals

Metcalf finals....Caldwell shouldn’t have been running backwards doing back flips with time on the clock. Pushing is more of a wrestling move than back flips. Gilman vs Waters...I’ll give you that, it was pretty dirty. Agreed, everyone needs a second chance, but if the kid needs meds, or professional help, they should look there first. 

• Upvote 1

I would not necessarily say Iowa guys are dirty just a little different. Mainly the light weights. You can’t say the Brands boys are a little off.  Ramos has had his moments. Matt McDonough throwing away his medal at the big tens and refusing to stand on the podium. Gilman basically picking a fight with Dresser at a fundraiser. 

I could be wrong, but some of those guys don’t seem all there. 

• Upvote 1

Just wanted to make the distinction between being a little off and being dirty. I saw a high profile KY kid lose a match this year and throw their medal away. He didn’t do it in front of a bunch of people, and he has no idea that I saw it. Does that mean he is a little off. Nah, not in my book. Just a kid that was disappointed in the result without appreciating the journey. 

That’s why I love this forum. We can agree to disagree. Wrestling is an amazing sport that I have been lucky to be a part of. It takes a special person to make thru the daily grind of this sport. The coolest part is watching these boys become men. This sport teaches them all life lessons that they will carry with them the rest of their lives. I don’t think I will ever be an Iowa fan but I appreciate the sacrifices that these kids go thru. Go Army!! And of course go Cornell!!

• Upvote 4

You mean two people can disagree on this site  and it’s ok??? Wow!! Just kidding... Best of luck to Mason at West Point. And being an Iowa fan isn’t all bad. Either way, black and gold will look good on ya! 

• Upvote 1

He is a low placer on his best day. Beating Lee in HS was a fluke and it took a bad ACL for it to happen. 

Guy has future wife beater written all over him. If you can’t handle a wrestling match what happens when your boss gives you extra work at 4:55 pm on a Friday or denies your requests for something?  

Iowa guys have a low class program but they’ve only tried to hurt opponents under the rules. Brands would never put up with him. 

Desanto will be at Buffalo or one of the former PA powers like Clarion or Lock Haven. 

• Downvote 1