Sign in to follow this  
Old wrestler

2018 MMA Prospects

I found this article on The Mat, and thought it was interesting. I think NATO probably has the highest potential, but PD3 certainly has the personality. The wrestling community seems to be split on their overall feelings towards MMA, however, there's no denying that top level wrestlers have traditionally excelled within the sport.  

http://mmasucka.com/2018/03/25/five-class-of-2018-wrestling-to-mma-prospects/

7 minutes ago, crazyotto said:

Might need to add DeSanto to the list?

Haha for real. Desanto is an idiot. He's shown a consistent pattern of being a thug, and according to other online reports, he had these 'issues' in high school, too. I decided to stay off the other thread where it was deemed he'd be a good fit for the Hawkeyes. The only legitimate dirty move I can recall from a Hawkeye was Gilman slamming Waters. I share an unpopular opinion of Metcalf being justified in shoving Caldwell, you don't do flips on the mat when there is time left... Having said that, I'm glad Caldwell didn't get seriously injured. Either way, Desanto is a liability and I would be totally fine with a hole at 133, if that means he isn't in the black and gold. 

• Upvote 2

Welp, my faith in the Hawkeyes takes another hit. First, attempting to get Downey, now we have a proven thug joining the lineup. 

Ive been an avid Brands fan since his days at V Tech., but the win at all costs mentality has been taken to the extreme. I hope Desanto is molded in to a contributing member of society, but as far as I'm concerned, he doesn't deserve to wrestle in college this year. 

I know the Hawks have berated Sanderson for taking Andrew Long (a few years back). We can now never pass judgement on another university for questionable recruits. Very disappointing... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1