Sign in to follow this  
DrCradle

So. Olham, seneca, desales, and st. X

South oldham went 3 - 0 for the day.  beat seneca by one point., beat st. x  38 - 27, coming down to the last match with st. x having to pin to win.

Churia beat norwood in O.T.  very usual call after the match was over!  Stalling which gave churia 1 point and sent to O.T.

South Oldham wrestled very good all day.....resulting in 3 wins and no losses for the day.

In the Chui vs Norwood match, the match was over and it looked like Norwood had won 3-2. The ref made no indication he was counting or even about to call stalling, then after the horn had blown, he waves off the horn and awards Chui one point because of Norwood stalling. I have reviewed my video of the match and the ref never made any signal until after the horn. He stole this one from Norwood.

Chui gets the take down in overtime to win the match.

Several good matches today. Cody Hall defeated Cory Kress 10-8 in OT.

Chip Condon returned today and wrestled up at 171 and lost to Cody Lasseign 13-6.

South O vs St.X results

103 Barnette St.X by pin

112 South Oldham by pin

119 Norwood by pin

130 Bale st.X by Forfeit

135 South Oldham by pin

140 South Oldham by Pin Mitchel over Cole Grant

145 South Oldham Hall over Kress 10-8 OT

152 St.X Theiman 7-2

160 St.X George 5-2

171 South Oldham Lasseign over Condon 13-6

189 South Oldham Houchens over Bergamini 10-2

215 South Oldham by pin

Heavy South Oldham by Pin

condon wrestled up today at 160. He said it was because his coach K asked him to. He weighed in at 156.2. He pinned the desales kid in like 40 seconds and didnt wrestle 160 against seneca which in my opinion was a bad call by the coach. They probably would have won the dual if he wrestled. Also they wrestled him at 171 in a failed game plan against south. He looked pretty tough at the beginning of the match but after he injury his elbow(?) he just lost all his momentum.

this is chip condon and i wouldnt say it was a bad decision to wrestle George at 160. He is a tough kid and could have won the match. He had the seneca kid on his back the entire 3rd period and only lost by one. Sometimes u have to gamble to win. We just came up a little short. No biggie. But yea my match with SO was tough but i was wrestling up two weights so what do u expect. Still would have been nice to win it though.

in reply to Salt140:

I wonder where you are coming from with you post?

The post sounds like a "little league coach" Win at all cost do not consider the team.  Remember there is no I in team.

Now a couple of things: 1. Mr. Condon is an outstanding wrestler.

2.  Mr. Condon weighed 156.2 could only wrestle 160 / 171.  Why didn't he weigh in at 152?  3.  If Mr. condon win wrestle off he will wrestle 152.  4.  Mr. George wrestle seneca because, seneca is in the same region.  And was wrestling for a region seed.  5.  As for a failed plan...Yes it failed.  But remember, there is no I in team.

Coach k did what he and HIS STAFF thought was a plan to win the match with So. Oldham and use the wrestlers at the weights available to him.  6.  mr. Condon was out of shape due to lack of practice.  7.  Mr. condon is lucky to even be on the team.  I will not go into detail, for it isn't anyone business but mr. condon and coach k.

In closing, there is more to life than winning....But I doubt you would under stand.

I did not see anything wrong with Salt's post.  It didn't seem that he was crying foul.  Just seemed to be stating the facts, with a little of opinion in it. 

I'm from the old school where your team wrestles the wt. class your in.  No bumping wt. classes.  Way back in the dino era, our coach didn't bump us around and we won quite a few duals against some of the big name schools, Woodford, Hop-town, Conner, Trinity ect. ect.

in reply to Salt140:

I wonder where you are coming from with you post?

The post sounds like a "little league coach" Win at all cost do not consider the team.  Remember there is no I in team.

Now a couple of things: 1. Mr. Condon is an outstanding wrestler.

2.  Mr. Condon weighed 156.2 could only wrestle 160 / 171.  Why didn't he weigh in at 152?  3.  If Mr. condon win wrestle off he will wrestle 152.  4.  Mr. George wrestle seneca because, seneca is in the same region.  And was wrestling for a region seed.  5.  As for a failed plan...Yes it failed.  But remember, there is no I in team.

Coach k did what he and HIS STAFF thought was a plan to win the match with So. Oldham and use the wrestlers at the weights available to him.  6.  mr. Condon was out of shape due to lack of practice.  7.  Mr. condon is lucky to even be on the team.  I will not go into detail, for it isn't anyone business but mr. condon and coach k.

In closing, there is more to life than winning....But I doubt you would under stand.

i didnt weigh in at 152 because coach k asked me the day before to go 160 and if i didnt have to make 152 then why try. As for saying saying im lucky to be on the team, Thats another situation that if you were to answer my pm i sent u i would understand where your coming from thinking i am lucky to be on the team. And once i find out who you are i will be able to discuss this with u in detail, but to spread an untrue rumor that i am lucky to be on the team is just rediculous. I do anything coach ask me to do, that i dont see him ask anyone else to do. He didnt ask anyone else to start the day at a higher weight and he didnt ask anyone else to go up two weights.  I do believe there is an I in team but it is small and unseen by the naked eye. The I stands for what can I do for the team and that is how i practice and wrestle.