Wrestledad

OKC Nationals

Good luck to all the wrestlers heading to OKC this weekend for Folkstyle Nationals. I hope you represent your state well and grow from your experience. Keep doing the great things you do and the payoff will come.

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Mustang1 said:

I thought Folkstyle Nationals are on the 31st? and located in Cedar falls, IA

This is women's folkstyle nationals, & U23 Freestyle

Not to bother anybody but this weekend we had some female wrestlers in OKC. They represented our state very well. There are some of us who are very proud of these wrestlers and the sacrifices that they make. They went knowing that they still have a tall hill to climb, but gave it their all and brought home some medal. Thanks to the coaches who stood in their corners, the parents who believed in them, and the wrestlers who keep going without the recognition they deserve. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Bother the heck out of us and let us know all about what the ladies of KY wrestling accomplished this weekend.  If we're going to grow KY girls wrestling we need to know who it is we need to get behind.   I hear we have a cadet AA!  Who is she and where is she from?  I hear we have a champ out of CWA.  Who is this young champ?  Don't keep these ladies a secret.  

14 minutes ago, Wrestledad said:

Not to bother anybody but this weekend we had some female wrestlers in OKC. They represented our state very well. There are some of us who are very proud of these wrestlers and the sacrifices that they make. They went knowing that they still have a tall hill to climb, but gave it their all and brought home some medal. Thanks to the coaches who stood in their corners, the parents who believed in them, and the wrestlers who keep going without the recognition they deserve. 

No secrets being kept. This side doesn't get the attention it deserves. Lauren Walton is a 2 time national champ. Courtney Pittman is a 2 time AA at 2 different weight classes. Sorry brother but the negativity from some about title 9 loses what these wrestlers go through and what they accomplish. Plus the other wrestlers that represent but a word is never spoken.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, REscalera said:

Congrats to those young ladies.  Any others bring home and hardware or even go?

Messerly girls went last year.  This year Olivia  decided to go with middle school Team Kentucky.  I think she went 5-3 beating a state champ out of Illinois. 

• Upvote 4