Sign in to follow this  
Just a Coach

Ky Ms Placer wins Ohio D1 High School championship

I am not sure how many of you remember a wrestler we had a Holmes in 2014 Antonio McCloud. He placed at MS state in 2014. This weekend he finished his High School year on top. With a pin in his semi final match and a Major decision 13-3 in the finals. Antonio is one of those gifted athletes a coach love to have because he works hard and listens had a hard. We at Homes are proud to have Coached him in the beginning and very proud of the young man he has become. Congratulations Champ.Below is a link to the news article. @bulldogleader

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/ohio-high-school/2018/03/11/elders-antonio-mccloud-wins-emotional-state-wrestling-title/413593002/

• Upvote 2

On 3/12/2018 at 8:08 AM, Bulldoglife said:

I am not sure how many of you remember a wrestler we had a Holmes in 2014 Antonio McCloud. He placed at MS state in 2014. This weekend he finished his High School year on top. With a pin in his semi final match and a Major decision 13-3 in the finals. Antonio is one of those gifted athletes a coach love to have because he works hard and listens had a hard. We at Homes are proud to have Coached him in the beginning and very proud of the young man he has become. Congratulations Champ.Below is a link to the news article. @bulldogleader

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/high-school/ohio-high-school/2018/03/11/elders-antonio-mccloud-wins-emotional-state-wrestling-title/413593002/

Bulldoglife this is great to hear.  Am I correct in assuming that Antonio wrestled in your program or a program you're associated with?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, REscalera said:

Bulldoglife this is great to hear.  Am I correct in assuming that Antonio wrestled in your program or a program you're associated with?

Yes Antonio Wrestled for us at Holmes as an 8th grader. Placed at state as a 1st year wrestler. 

Great quote from his HS coach.  Love seeing hard work pay off like this.

Elder wrestling coach Jason Roush said of his first state champion as a coach: "He was bawling after the semifinal win, bawling there (tonight). That's because he pours his heart and soul into the sport. It's his life. He lives it. That emotion just comes out when you put that much into something and you care that much about it. That's what's so special about this sport." 

• Upvote 1

McCloud was one of Damoreon Travis's few losses this past season, blast doubled Damoreon to his back and pinned him. A very impressive wrestler and I'm happy to see he won the state title, didn't know he started out at Holmes, a true testament to his ability and the abilities of all of his coaches that he could win an Ohio D1 state title with relatively few years of wrestling. 

• Upvote 1