Sign in to follow this  
ukpridewrestler11

Bryce Sheffer

I woke up this morning to a text that no one wants to wake up to. Bryce Sheffer has passed away during an ATV accident last night along with one of his best friends. Please keep his family, the UC wrestling family, and SIUE wrestling family in your prayers. Cherish your time with your kids because you never know when tragedy will hit close to home. 

My son texted me this news this morning. 

Just absolutely awful. 

Prayers from the St X. Wrestling family to Union Co. and the Sheffers. May God guide them through this tragedy. 

• Upvote 2

I saw this post and was hoping to hear about great things about him and his success. He was a true KY Wrestling Champion. My thoughts and condolences go out to his family and friends. Rest in peace young man.

• Upvote 2

This is horrible news.

Yes, hold your kids, love them and cherish every second you have with them.

Prayers are with Bryce, his family and both his wrestling teams (Union County and SIUE). I know we want answers to why these things happen, and it can be very hard when we just don't know or understand. But we have an awesome GOD and he will watch over this family and guide them. Prayer is a powerful thing. Please keep praying for this young-man and his family!

Coach Roth

• Upvote 2

My deepest sympathy goes out to the Sheffer family.He was an outstanding young man and one of Kentuckys all time greats.May God bless all the family and friends in this time of need.

• Upvote 2

Terrible news. What an amazing young man on and off the mat. His family and UC wrestling are in our prayers. 

Coach Parks 

Woodford County 

• Upvote 2

To his parents and family I am so sorry for your loss. I knew him personally as he and my son Skyler had grown up together wrestling at Union County Camps since they where really young. Skyler and he remained friends through the years and he was always a great young man as well as a great wrestler. He was the kid that we just couldn't get by defeating Skyler every year in the state tourney for 3 years in a row and was as much a great sport off the mat as on never the cocky kid just a great competitor. The world lost a great kid. My heart goes out to all of Union County wrestling community as well as SIUE. RIP Champ.

• Upvote 1

Always enjoyed watching him wrestle. Great kid on and off the mat. Such a great ambassador of the sport. He will be missed, but never forgotten. To the most successful wrestler to come out off of Kentucky, hug our Heavenly Father for us. Prayers to the family, Union County, and SIUE from Taylor County. 

Bryce will always be remembered by the people in this state.  It was amazing seeing all the people who attending his visitation today.  Words can’t  describe the heartache that we all feel for the Sheffer family.  As I watched all the people with tears in their eyes it really made me understand how special Bryce was to his community and to this state.  His humility was amazing to see on an off the mat.  I know over the years we referenced Bryce's name in the wrestling room to our own kids on numerous occasions.  He set the bar that most kids were chasing.  What an amazing champion and person.  Bryce will be missed and will never be forgotten. 

• Upvote 5

Very proud of all the members of the KY Wrestling community that made the drive to Morganfield yesterday. It was a great showing for an awesome young man, for a great family, and for the People of Union Co.   We love you Bryce. Continued prayer for everyone touched by this tragic event. May God be with you all!!! 

• Upvote 1

I can't believe the size of a Bryce's wrestling family! For those don't know he had brothers from Walton-Verona, St X, Meade County, Caldwell Co, and SIUE (I'm sure I missed a few). The line to see him was 5 hours long. He was a great kid and impacted many peopled lives. Glad you all made it home safe. 

Woodford, Campbell Co. , Lindsey Wilson,  Bellermine, John Hardin, No-Ox. KY Officals association and I may have missed a few. We loved Bryce and Our friends from Union

• Upvote 1

It was amazing to see all the people and wrestling communities that was able to make it to his layout yesterday. As I was standing in line yesterday and seeing all the different wrestlers, teams, coaches and officials. I was thinking how we at times may not always agree with each other or have differences in opinions, but when you have a situation like this take place how we all put those things aside and come together as one big family. Bryce was a special kid. He wasn't a cocky kid or have an ego about himself,  he just wasn't that kid. It wasn't in his makeup. He was humble, very respectful and always carried himself in classy way and took sportsmanship to whole different meaning. We lost a great wrestler but an even better young man. Prayers will continue for his family, friends, coaches and teammates. 

Love to see a tournament get started in his name in the future!

God be with you!

Coach Roth

• Upvote 6