Sign in to follow this  
REscalera

KY wrestlers getting some props.

For those wondering about the status of KY wrestling, I was pretty excited scanning over the rankings in flo tonight. Congrats to all that got some props.

#6 Zeke Escalera 

#18 Ryan Moore

#20 Mason Smith

HM Saul Ervin

HM Zane Brown

HM Derrick Smallwood 

HM Micah Ervin

That's 4 honorable mentions.  Hopefully these 4 have some success at some national tournaments over the next couple of months and find their way into the rankings.  Have we ever had 7 wrestlers ranked at once?  Get excited just thinking about it.

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, Ranger123 said:

Mason is actually #20 

Thanks for the correction Jason.  This is what is saw. So I didn't even bother looking at the rankings. I also missed Micah Ervin as an HM.  So I'll update accordingly.  MY apologies Mason and Micah.

Screenshot_20180221-213916.png

2 hours ago, wrestler1790 said:

Zane Brown is also a HM at 152.

Ok guilty as charged.  I was scanning over flo and typing the initial post between stop lights.  My rushing and excitement as I was going from one weight to the other and then typing my post I screwed up.  I did see Zane Brown and accidentally typed up Trent Johnson.  My apologies to both.

22 hours ago, REscalera said:

Thanks for the correction Jason.  This is what is saw. So I didn't even bother looking at the rankings. I also missed Micah Ervin as an HM.  So I'll update accordingly.  MY apologies Mason and Micah.

Screenshot_20180221-213916.png

No need to apologize.  I think its cool that so many KY kids are getting noticed.  I also think it cool that Zeke is having so much success.

• Upvote 1

This screen shot shows that Willie is paying attention to KY wrestling.  Mason's high school career is over but I hope that the next group coming up makes some noise.  Hit as many national tournaments as possible and get our state on the map.  Good luck to the next kids in line.  It has been an awesome journey.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.13.02 PM.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dutch said:

This screen shot shows that Willie is paying attention to KY wrestling.  Mason's high school career is over but I hope that the next group coming up makes some noise.  Hit as many national tournaments as possible and get our state on the map.  Good luck to the next kids in line.  It has been an awesome journey.

Screen Shot 2018-02-22 at 9.13.02 PM.png

Does that mean that Micah Ervin got honorable mention as well?

4 hours ago, 385 said:

Does that mean that Micah Ervin got honorable mention as well?

Yes!  KY has a 170 ranked at 20 and 1 HM at 170.  So I would say it's safe to say thallt at a national level 170 was our deepest weight this year.

8 hours ago, REscalera said:

Yes!  KY has a 170 ranked at 20 and 1 HM at 170.  So I would say it's safe to say thallt at a national level 170 was our deepest weight this year.

Thats amazing! Great job to both young men.