Sign in to follow this  
WHS98

Amazing season comes to heart breaking end.

Although I said I wouldn't post on this site again,I feel it's the college forum and not high school.Aj Bindner just completed an amazing season that comes to an untimely ending due to skin disease.People had been asking me what happened, and so nothing gets distorted I decided to post what happened.Aj was coming off a year in which he had 2 knee surgeries and his 6th surgery due to wrestling.After a year,last year,in which it was so bad he packed up and came home.He started the year off unranked and quickly climbed it like he would a rope.After the first month he went to 14th.Then after finishing 2nd in the toughest NAIA tournament of the year and beating an AA ranked 4th,He climbed to #6.The day before conference in which he is seated only behind the returning National Champion,he came down with bad skin disease and was not going to pass skin check.He had been on oral medicine and creams to prevent it but it still didn't work.I watched him go from a kid they laughed about being a ky state champ to a real contented for AA.So I know how rumors fly about why a kid is or isn't wrestling and I wanted to nip that real quick.He had an amazing comeback and I am very proud of him no matter what he decides in the future.

• Upvote 1

Was stunned when I talked with Coach Giangrosso the other day after conferences. Thought maybe there was a nagging injury and maybe held out for a bid. Had fun watching AJ this year, and hope his future continues to be bright. He has represented KY extremely well in a talented Missouri Valley room that constantly turns out champs. Good luck to him!

• Upvote 1

Sport is, above all else a great life lesson. In the end we are not measured by our W-L record, but by the way we handled our business. Sounds like you’ve got a stud of a young man. Good luck in the future!