Sign in to follow this  
HawkeyeX125

Finishing on a highlight

After 3 years of not breaking the lineup, StX seniors Isaac Pledger and Clay Fitzhugh both placed 5th last night at 120 and 145. Both sacrificed a lot and I am proud to see them finally make the varsity lineup and the podium.  

Is there anyone else that had went from wrestling JV for a while (2-3 years) to placing at state the next year?

• Upvote 1

Congrats to them both! My son wrestled them both in middle school and they were tough then. Glad to see Isaac come back and Clay keep working hard to both finish on the podium. 

In the early 2000s St. X had two wrestlers who were Junior Varsity as Juniors and won the Varsity State Championship as Seniors.  (William Rabatin and Zach Steinback)

during late 90's and early 2000s this happened at Woodford almost every season. next man up.  their B team would've finished top 15 at state several of those years. 

31 minutes ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Union will have a guy step in next year that’s already beaten a top 10 guy by major decision. He has potential. 

2 of them. Union will have a couple great kids on jv again. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Union will have a guy step in next year that’s already beaten a top 10 guy by major decision. He has potential. 

I suppose someone was correct about this prediction 

19 minutes ago, HawkeyeX125 said:

I suppose someone was correct about this prediction 

I tried warning people. They have another one next year as well in the same position as Dalton was. Not saying he will win state but he’s good enough to be on the podium.