Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

State recap

33 minutes ago, enthusiast said:

Omg.  Who cares about ice cream. Start a new thread. 

Would you prefer a snickers?  sounds like someone needs one.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

On 2/20/2018 at 1:51 PM, Chris Duke said:

He was spotted in Northern Kentucky the other day eating ice cream with Noah Duke and Cole Thomas.  I'm not sure what that means just saying.

Ice cream!?!?!?  Oh my goodness!!  Where is their dedication?  Smh

• Upvote 1

OK I have a question?  During my scanning over the state tournament and trying to update my records of state placers from every team I noticed something. 

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to throw anyone or any team under the bus but just want to get the record strait. I see that Trinity's Hwt was ejected (words used on trackwrestling).  Now if a wrestler is ejected all of the team points earned by that individual should be forfeited from the team. This individual scored 7 team points for Trinity yet they were not removed from their team score. 3 points were removed for the Flagrant misconduct or combination of events (it does not specify), but not all 7 points earned. 

Am I missing something?  i'm not looking for what exactly happened just wondering why all points were not removed.  

In my best Joey Lawrence voice, Whoa! 

2 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

OK I have a question?  During my scanning over the state tournament and trying to update my records of state placers from every team I noticed something. 

I want to make it clear that I am not trying to throw anyone or any team under the bus but just want to get the record strait. I see that Trinity's Hwt was ejected (words used on trackwrestling).  Now if a wrestler is ejected all of the team points earned by that individual should be forfeited from the team. This individual scored 7 team points for Trinity yet they were not removed from their team score. 3 points were removed for the Flagrant misconduct or combination of events (it does not specify), but not all 7 points earned. 

Am I missing something?  i'm not looking for what exactly happened just wondering why all points were not removed.  

4 hours ago, grappler-of-old said:

I wondered the same thing. I was told he was ejected as well.

On 2/21/2018 at 0:33 PM, ukpridewrestler11 said:

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t understand the booing. Say Chase gets two backpoints there, it’s still a 9-5 match at the end. 

Can't just dismiss two points in a state finals match. I dont remember the exact score when this happened, but we all on this thread know that 2 points can change the entire landscape of a match. Again I dont remember the exact score, but if its 3-1 and he doesnt get his 2 in the second period, Saul gets an escape to start the third now its 4-1 and Chase has to start going crazy and expose himself. These things do matter. 

*disclaimer im from Louisville and have zero dog in the fight*

Ok I've been trying and failing to clear those quotes for awhile but for some reason it won't let me

I know why the wrestler was ejected, I witnessed it, I will say that the situation was handled properly and that includes how his coaches treated the situation. The wrestler was a first year wrestler and while I don't want to say that excuses his actions it does provide some context. It was an after the match event that occurred involving unsportsmanlike actions by the wrestler in question.

Now the real issue is that these points were not properly deducted from the team score per my interpretation of the rules. Of course in the end it had little say on the team race, we would hope such issues don't arise in the future

On 2/19/2018 at 5:09 PM, Josh_Claywell said:
6 hours ago, tja said:

10 hours ago, halfhalfhalf said:

I remember Jordon Whiting getting some penalties after a heated match. Someone was basically thrown into the scorers table. This was at the dungeon in front of our stands. Is this who y’all are talking about? 

8 hours ago, tja said:

What was he ejected for ?

His last match was against Roberts from Oldham County.  It went into overtime, and he ended up losing.  After the match, for whatever reason, he didn’t shake hands with Roberts, and when the ref said something to him as he was walking away, I’m guessing he said something back that was inappropriate.  Not sure what he said, and it wasn’t clearly obvious what happened, beyond his refusal to shake hands. Whatever it was, the ref tossed him pretty quickly.

Is it in the rules that you must shake hands? Not that I don't think there is ever case where you shouldn't and we certainly enforce that our kids do. Just wondering?

1 hour ago, Alf said:

Is it in the rules that you must shake hands? Not that I don't think there is ever case where you shouldn't and we certainly enforce that our kids do. Just wondering?

Again, I don't think it was the not shaking hands that got him tossed.  I think he said something to the ref when the ref asked him to come back to the center of the mat for the after match stuff (shaking hands. raising the winners arm).  I've seen kids get hit for team points for not shaking hands, but never an ejection.  I've seen that wrestler lose his cool before.  He launched his headgear to the top row of the stands after losing a close match at the Dragon because of multiple issues with his headgear, which probably warranted an ejection.  However, the ref didn't see the headgear throw and he got away with it.  

I am pretty sure that shaking hands with your opponent before and after the match is required.  I don't think shaking hands with the opposing coach is.  

Once again I am really not concerned about what happened I trust the Trinity staff to handle the situation properly.  I was just wondering about the team points not being forfeited?  This could/may set a precedent for future tournaments.  Maybe it was entered into track incorrectly I don't know.  

32 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

Once again I am really not concerned about what happened I trust the Trinity staff to handle the situation properly.  I was just wondering about the team points not being forfeited?  This could/may set a precedent for future tournaments.  Maybe it was entered into track incorrectly I don't know.  

I've never had to deal with that situation in Track.  The ejections I've encountered have come across, occurred in dual tournaments.The deduction of team points is manual in track in any situation.  So I'm guessing, removing the points the ejected wrestler scored would have to be done manually as well.  And I'm not sure how you do that after the bout has been entered without changing the winner.  And quite honestly, I wasn't aware that an ejection in a tournament required the removal of any team points that wrestler scored prior to the ejection.  To me that would be like removing any points a player scored in a basketball game (or any other sport) after he was ejected.

14 minutes ago, rjs4470 said:

To me that would be like removing any points a player scored in a basketball game (or any other sport) after he was ejected.

Not the same.  In team sports you affect the teams win/loss record.  In an individual tournament like wrestling (Unless it is a dual tournament) it only affects the placement of the team in the tourney.  

1 minute ago, grappler-of-old said:

Not the same.  In team sports you affect the teams win/loss record.  In an individual tournament like wrestling (Unless it is a dual tournament) it only affects the placement of the team in the tourney.  

I guess.  It just seems weird to me that you'd remove points scored from a previous round due to an ejection.  

I personally like the rule because it puts more responsibility of the wrestler to keep his cool and control themselves or hurt the team possibly badly. 

The punishment is raised by the ability of the wrestler.  A 1st year not very talented kid who gets kicked out may not lose any additional points, but your captain or best wrestler (who should be in more control) may loose a much greater amount of points.  

On track, you must manually go in and take the points, I did this at region.  You have to get individual point total , plus the 3 pts, then adjust it. There is a box when u run track that says adjust team points. You do -points, then put a reason in comment box