Sign in to follow this  
halfhalfhalf

State recap

20 hours ago, DrBaker said:

I'm sure us fans would be glad to pay to watch it, or help someway to make it happen. 

The Khsaa has a TV Broadcat KHSAATV and a Youtube channel, They broadcast the Boys and Girls BB Final games. I'd even ask a common public broadcast channel to do it.

Other states do it. If we could get a School's Media class to do it as a project on a youtube channel or Livestream.

5 hours ago, DrBaker said:

Will Blue Fletcher be on that team?

He was spotted in Northern Kentucky the other day eating ice cream with Noah Duke and Cole Thomas.  I'm not sure what that means just saying.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

He was spotted in Northern Kentucky the other day eating ice cream with Noah Duke and Cole Thomas.  I'm not sure what that means just saying.

But what kind of ice cream was it???? 

• Upvote 1

On 2/18/2018 at 3:11 PM, grappler-of-old said:

How Saul Ervin did not win MVW is beyond me.  1st round pins 7th place finisher Mejia (SK) 1:00, 2nd round pins 6th place finisher Pierce (SO)  0:32.  Quarters round pins 5th place finisher Davis (Larue) 1:44.  Semifinals majors 3rd place finisher Roth (WV) 15-4. Finals defeats 2nd place finisher Yost (Wood) 9-3.  Whew was that a gauntlet. 

Only on 138. Still going through the brackets. 

How many times has a champion defeated a placer every round?  Quite the trivia question there lol

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Zeus said:

How many times has a champion defeated a placer every round?  Quite the trivia question there lol

In this 32 man bracket format, I don’t imagine it happening many times. I heard the Woodford section booing him after he won. Very classy. We were sitting just to the right of their section. 

I know in 1990 Hwt Danny Davis (Fort Knox) was 4th in his region.  Defeated Dion Washington 1st round (placed 5th).  Defeated Lamont Anderson (j-Town) 2nd round (placed 4th). Defeated Jimmy Newman (Camp Co) 3rd round (placed 3rd) Defeated Bob Vinigar  (Doss) in Finals (2nd place finisher). 

On a side note. Dion Washington lost the next year in the finals with Danny Davis (1991) Lost to Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) in finals (1992), Then lost a 3rd time in the finals again to Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) (1993) 

3 time runner up at HWT. 

26 minutes ago, grappler-of-old said:

I know in 1990 Hwt Danny Davis (Fort Knox) was 4th in his region.  Defeated Dion Washington 1st round (placed 5th).  Defeated Lamont Anderson (j-Town) 2nd round (placed 4th). Defeated Jimmy Newman (Camp Co) 3rd round (placed 3rd) Defeated Bob Vinigar  (Doss) in Finals (2nd place finisher). 

On a side note. Dion Washington lost the next year in the finals with Danny Davis (1991) Lost to Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) in finals (1992), Then lost a 3rd time in the finals again to Frank Wolnitzek (Holmes) (1993) 

3 time runner up at HWT. 

Dion was a BIG dude. I will never forget when Woodford came to Cynthiana for a weeknight dual his freshman year. We were both overweight and ran together to make weight. Funny sight. Woodford heavy and Harrison 103 running together to cut weight. 

6 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

But what kind of ice cream was it???? 

5 minutes ago, gameface said:
On 2/18/2018 at 0:17 PM, PABacon said:

ORANGE SHERBERT/VANILLA ICE CREAM with BLACK SPRINKLES!! Because winners get sprinkles!!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, ukpridewrestler11 said:

In this 32 man bracket format, I don’t imagine it happening many times. I heard the Woodford section booing him after he won. Very classy. We were sitting just to the right of their section. 

Not to take sides, but I was standing above the Woodford section during the finals.  They were more booing the near fall points that were counted, but never given, in the second period.

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

Not every round but Bryce Sheffer beat 4th , 3rd ,2nd place guys as Freshmen . 

4th mason smith by pin

3rd Jorge Vega returning state champ

11-1

2nd Hernandez returning state finalist 

13-3 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Zeus said:

Not to take sides, but I was standing above the Woodford section during the finals.  They were more booing the near fall points that were counted, but never given, in the second period.

For reference here is the picture I was shown. No back points awarded. Guess Woodford fans disagreed and let the ref hear it.  Nothing but respect for Saul. He's a great wrestler who exhibited nothing but exemplary sportsmanship his entire career. Best of luck to him at SIUE.

chase.jpg

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Ranger123 said:

Dion was a BIG dude. I will never forget when Woodford came to Cynthiana for a weeknight dual his freshman year. We were both overweight and ran together to make weight. Funny sight. Woodford heavy and Harrison 103 running together to cut weight. 

That's because was just a Beast. Off the mat a big teddy bear. Still our only HS State champ. but hopefully he will have company soon.

On 2/20/2018 at 8:30 AM, Bluesdad said:

I don’t know yet where Blue will be next year. Still working on that lol. 

Whats the going rate of a free agent these days? lol

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, DrBaker said:

Whats the going rate of a free agent these days? lol

Superman ice cream with black sprinkles it looks like lol. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

Superman wore Columbia Blue and Red and actually fought with a Tomahawk. LOL!!

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

I just did a Google search and Morganfield, Ky has the most Superman ice cream in the sate. Just saying. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CradleKY said:

For reference here is the picture I was shown. No back points awarded. Guess Woodford fans disagreed and let the ref hear it.  Nothing but respect for Saul. He's a great wrestler who exhibited nothing but exemplary sportsmanship his entire career. Best of luck to him at SIUE.

chase.jpg

Thanks for the clarification. I didn’t understand the booing. Say Chase gets two backpoints there, it’s still a 9-5 match at the end. 

Agreed it doesn't change match results and Saul was better wrestler but I don't think fans think that rationally in the heat of the match.  I'm sure Chase will only use it as more fuel to stoke his fire for next season. Just like Saul did with his loss two years ago in the finals. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bluesdad said:

Graeters Ice Cream HQ is located across from NKY/Ryle and UDF is right down the road. Duke drives by Graeters Daily to work and picks up Superman everyday!! Ohh and we bought the sprinkle factory!

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CradleKY said:

Agreed it doesn't change match results and Saul was better wrestler but I don't think fans think that rationally in the heat of the match.  I'm sure Chase will only use it as more fuel to stoke his fire for next season. Just like Saul did with his loss two years ago in the finals. 

Doesn't change the final score, but it definitely changed the pace of the match.  At a minimum should have been awarded 2, and no whistle blown to stop the match.....  That no call and stalemate call changed the landscape.  I believe there was approx 30 or so seconds left, and instead of nearfall, he lost a point by giving up an escape.

Not to say Saul still wouldn't have won either.  Just my two cents....

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, gameface said:

Graeters Ice Cream HQ is located across from NKY/Ryle and UDF is right down the road. Duke drives by Graeters Daily to work and picks up Superman everyday!! Ohh and we bought the sprinkle factory!

That’s about as good as it gets lol. 

• Upvote 1