Bluesdad

2018 Middle School State Predictions

Just like March Madness!! Who do you see in the finals. And if you want to add your winner and score. Let's have some fun and see who gets the most face offs correct once the dust settles in Louisville. Obviously some have favorites an bias so let it out!!! This is a great sport and these are some great kids. Best of luck to everyone chasing their dream. 

Stole the opening from Coach Thomas “aka gameface” thanks lol

70- Vega vs Gardner* 2-0

75- Tucker* vs Raney 5-2

80- Spalding* vs Sander 8-2

86- Moore* vs Begley 13-6 

92- Thomas* vs Giompalo 6-5 

98- Chapman* vs Herron 7-4

105- Kinley vs Cain* 3-1 

113- Strauss vs Roberts* 8-6

121- Goss* vs Messina 10-4

130- Blue* vs Phillips pin / a little biased here lol

140- Hatchett vs Wittry* 9-6 

152- Little* vs Kidd pin 

168- Giannone* vs Virzi pin 

190- Rodriguez* vs Ervin 8-4

240- Wayne* vs Brown pin 

Lets see what everyone else thinks! Good luck to all the wrestlers at state this weekend. 

• Upvote 4

70- Vega vs Gardner* 6-3

75- Tucker* vs Trumble 10-7

80- Spalding* vs Sander 1-0

86- Moore* vs Messerly 10 - 5

92- Thomas* vs Bowers 7- 3

98- Chapman* vs Herron 

105- Walls vs Thornton  8-5

113- Strauss vs Beane* sudden death

121- Goss* vs Messerley 7-4

130- Blue* vs Moore sudden death

140- Adams vs Hatchett* 6-4

152- Huff* vs Kidd pin  Gotta choice My Kidd

168- Giannone* vs Bikakis 9-7

190- Long* vs Green Refuse to call both my boys

240- Wayne* vs Stevenson 3rd period pin 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bluesdad said:

Just like March Madness!! Who do you see in the finals. And if you want to add your winner and score. Let's have some fun and see who gets the most face offs correct once the dust settles in Louisville. Obviously some have favorites an bias so let it out!!! This is a great sport and these are some great kids. Best of luck to everyone chasing their dream. 

Stole the opening from Coach Thomas “aka gameface” thanks lol

70- Vega vs Gardner* 2-0

75- Tucker* vs Raney 5-2

80- Spalding* vs Sander 8-2

86- Moore* vs Begley 13-6 

92- Thomas* vs Giompalo 6-5 

98- Chapman* vs Herron 7-4

105- Kinley vs Cain* 3-1 

113- Strauss vs Roberts* 8-6

121- Goss* vs Messina 10-4

130- Blue* vs Phillips pin / a little biased here lol

140- Hatchett vs Wittry* 9-6 

152- Little* vs Kidd pin 

168- Giannone* vs Virzi pin 

190- Rodriguez* vs Ervin 8-4

240- Wayne* vs Brown pin 

Lets see what everyone else thinks! Good luck to all the wrestlers at state this weekend. 

Love the quote and props!!! Good luck to Blue and all the other wrestlers. 

• Upvote 1

70 Anthony CondI VS Cano 5-3

75 Michael Parks vs Tucker 5-4

80 Benner vs Sander 8-5

86 Chris Begley vs Moore Pin

92 Nolan Banfield vs Giompalo 5-3

98 Luke Chapman vs Herron 5-2

105. Robert Nardelli vs Walls Pin

113 Gus Roberts vs Andreoni Pin

120 Reece vs Messerly 7-5

130 Blue vs Moore Pin

140 Wittry vs Sparks 6-2

152 Little vs J Kidd.  8-4

168 Giannone vs Diprospero Pin

190 Levid vs Long Pin

240 Lalli  vs Stevenson Pin

That's my HOMER BRAKET ... I will do another one later. 

Who's gonna be the Muhammad Ali of wrestling and shock the World. .. I'm pretty ...I'm a baaaaad man. I must be the greatest. .

Seriously tho... We're all blessed to be here... Let's enjoy the ride.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Bond James Bond said:

Who's gonna be the Muhammad Ali of wrestling and shake up the World. ..

The 140 lber f Kyler Jones from Newport completely annihilated region 3 bracket injured the number 1 seed (3rd in State) and flat out beat the Number 2 seed (5th in state). he may be the sleeper of the day.

70-Vega over Raney

75-Raney over Tucker

80-Spalding over Sander

86-Moore over Johnson

92-Thomas over Giompalo

98-Herron over Chapman for some reason I usually do not pick Chapman and he makes me pay for it.

105-Walls over Thornton

113-Straus over Beane

121-Messerly over Goss this is a hard one for me. 

130-Fletcher over Phillips

140-Wittry over Hatchett

152-Little over Kidd

168-Giannone over Bikakis

190-Rodriguez over Ervin

240-Wayne over Stevenson

Dark horse 105 Mattingly.  Anyone remember the last time Ryle had a 5th grader at 105?  This kid is going to be special.

Had to make a couple changes. I jumped the gun on a couple weight classes

• Upvote 4

Ok here's another prediction

70. Gardner vs Vega 5 -2

75. Raney vs Tucker 8 - 6

80. Spalding vs Speaker 12 - 5

86. Moore vs Messerly 14 - 4

92. Thomas vs Jude 7 - 4

98. Eckman vs Herron 9 - 8 Over Time

105. Kinley vs Cain 9 - 6

115. Beene vs Straus 5 - 2

121. Goss vs Hall Pin

130. Blue vs Phillips 11 - 3

140. Wittry vs Hatchet 10 - 5

152. Freeman vs Price 4 - 3

168. Giannone vs Virzi Pin

190. Monteleone vs Ervin Pin

240. Brown vs Wayne 6 - 2

#Kentucky #Wrestling. 

Johnson Central has a young Hammer Matney.. Carr has some as well. Ryle and Walton always produces Hammers to. McCracken is on the way up, Scott County is looking good. Woodford and Johnson Central come to wrestle. Campbell and the Bulldogs . Several other solid programs. . KENTUCKY wrestling Future looks bright.  

Hindsight is 20/20.

Wish we would have started wrestling, where we are at now.

I think Walton and Messerly will end up on a Olympic team before it's all said and done.

• Upvote 3

70- Vega over Gardner 6-3

75- Tucker over Raney 5-3 overtime takedown at the edge

80-Sander over Spaulding 6-4

86-Moore over Begley 12-4, puts his dad on his shoulders and carries him off, takes over coaching the rest of the finals

92-Thomas over Giompalo 8-4, thinks about putting his dad on his shoulders and realizes that’s a bad idea, gets a bear hug and a smack on the “Rump”

105- Thorton over Walls 8-7, Spencer gets his first coaching State Champ

113- Roberts over Andreoni 8-3

121-Goss over Messerly 8-5

130- Fletcher over Phillips Pin in 2nd period, walks off of mat to grab a Woodford County hat and announces where he’s going to wrestle for high school.

140-Hatchett over Wittry 6-5.

152-Little over Freeman 8-4.

168- Giannone over Bikakis 10-5, walks off mat and blasts a double on Joe-Joe. Realizes that was a bad idea as well.

190- Long over Rodriguez in an overtime thriller. Holmes celebrates with a dance off on the side of the mat.

240-Wayne over Stevenson pin in 3rd period off a nasty over/under hip throw on the edge of the circle, Jason arguing that he was on his toes and not his knees. 

Hoping these predictions make some people smile and laugh. Truthfully we have some amazing talent and we’re growing each year. These kids deserve and earn everything they get and as coaches we should sit back and look at what we’re accomplishing as a group and continue to keep leading our young men and women in the correct ways. Good luck to all!!!

• Upvote 5

30 minutes ago, twenhofelcoach said:

86-Moore over Begley 12-4, puts his dad on his shoulders and carries him off, takes over coaching the rest of the finals

92-Thomas over Giompalo 8-4, thinks about putting his dad on his shoulders and realizes that’s a bad idea, gets a bear hug and a smack on the “Rump”

130- Fletcher over Phillips Pin in 2nd period, walks off of mat to grab a Woodford County hat and announces where he’s going to wrestle for high school.

168- Giannone over Bikakis 10-5, walks off mat and blasts a double on Joe-Joe. Realizes that was a bad idea as well.

190- Long over Rodriguez in an overtime thriller. Holmes celebrates with a dance off on the side of the mat.

240-Wayne over Stevenson pin in 3rd period off a nasty over/under hip throw on the edge of the circle, Jason arguing that he was on his toes and not his knees. 

Hoping these predictions make some people smile and laugh. Truthfully we have some amazing talent and we’re growing each year. These kids deserve and earn everything they get and as coaches we should sit back and look at what we’re accomplishing as a group and continue to keep leading our young men and women in the correct ways. Good luck to all!!!

They for sure made me laugh out loud lol. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, twenhofelcoach said:

LOL.  Brayden is reminded every day at practice during live go’s pretty much any shot on Jo Jo is a bad idea!

Good luck to everyone Saturday!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, twenhofelcoach said:

Keith you are killing me. Spencer has done that before and yes I probably would yell in that situation. Would it be appropriate for me do do the worm into a back spin?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, wrestlingfan03 said:

MOW is a joke. You must know the right coaches and live in the right demographic area. Wish it would be more lead by accomplishments. 

My opinion. 

Whatever!!!!!

Isn't it time to be at school?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wrestlingfan03 said:

MOW is a joke. You must know the right coaches and live in the right demographic area. Wish it would be more lead by accomplishments. 

My opinion. 

Interesting statement. MOW is about individual accomplishments, I have seen kids from #1 seed all the way down to a #10 seed who took 2nd place in overtime earn it. This sounds like either a kid who feels cheated or a parent upset his kid didn't get an MOW.

Not at all. No reason to be reason guys. My opinion. I have seen many wrestlers who showed more personal accomplishments than the actual MOW. You don’t have to agree with me. Accomplishments can be different from one child to another. 1st Place might be an accomplishment for one while even making it into State is for another. MOW is only the opinion of few. It is what it is. 

58 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

Whatever!!!!!

Isn't it time to be at school?

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Braves coach said:

I cant predict some of these weight classes are too close to call. I will however, give you the 2 MOWs.

Lower weights:

Thomas

Upper:

Blue.

I’ll throw my 2 MOW’s out there. 

LOWER

Spencer Moore 

Upper

Brayden Giannone 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Bluesdad said:

I’ll throw my 2 MOW’s out there. 

LOWER

Spencer Moore 

Upper

Brayden Giannone 

Lower weights  Moore

Upper weights tough several candidate I am hopeful one of or 3 big guys will walk away with it as well as state champion. Long, Green and Stevenson are serious contenders.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

70- Raney

75-Raney 

80-Spalding 

86-Moore 

92-Thomas 

98- Eckman

105-Walls

113- Beane

121-Goss

130-Fletcher