Sign in to follow this  
FLex34

Youth state registration

I’m curious as to why on the state flyer it says 1/28 is deadline to register then says late registration will not be accepted but the registration is still open?  Why put a deadline if not going to honor it?  Or why have the deadline so early?  

Exactly my thoughts.  Also, the registration is completely inaccurate as they have my son at 135 and he definitely hasn't weighed anywhere near 135 in any tournament this year. Then the weigh in location was changed on Saturday. Why put a flyer out then change it last minute.

Things that make you go hmmmmm, 

(1) is preregistration even required when we had to preregistration at youth regionals already. 

(2) we’re doing an official on site weigh in the day before and the day of, wouldn’t that solidify who’s going to be there and replace the need for said preregistration?

(3) with that weighin, you would then know exactly how many kids from each club/School is actually there eliminating kids having to be scratched and clubs/schools having to pay for kids not Wrestling.

(4) You can’t formulate brackets without the actual weighins being completed, I get  the registration at the middle school weights, they have supplemental weight gaps between classes. At the youth age weight classes they only differ by 3 pounds in the lower weight classes. 

• Upvote 2

Regions needs to be a weight lock in for state.  Leaving it open promotes youth weight loss to try to watch the wrestler list to dodge competition which does not help you progress.