Braves coach

Ms State Duals

Congratulations to Ryle Raiders today. Took first with commanding wins.

Thank you to Tyler and his crew. They put on a really good event.

We did see some poor sportsmanship from a coach. Not the message we want for our young athletes but the referee did a good job removing him from the competition.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

Congratulations to Ryle Raiders today. Took first with commanding wins.

Thank you to Tyler and his crew. They put on a really good event.

We did see some poor sportsmanship from a coach. Not the message we want for our young athletes but the referee did a good job removing him from the competition.

Especially when the knucklehead is the president of the youth. Very embarrassing. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Braves coach said:

Not sure what happened or who was involved, but I do wonder, will there be a penalty imposed for being dq'd that involves sitting out the next couple events?  It has happened before. 

sorry CM. this is not a quote from Braves coach; meant to reply. Typing on my phone with weird results. 

When a wrestler from Region 4 gets dq'd he has to forfeit his placement and is not allowed to compete at state.  I'm sure since he is the youth president and it's not someones agenda it will be overlooked and he will be allowed to coach at state.  He couldn't even follow instructions yesterday.  After he was kick out all he did was come back in and go to the stands.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Oh wow. I missed that important piece of info. 

I do recall my first year as ms president and running the state tournament. One of my Asst coaches received a coaches misconduct for being too far out on the mat. I was informed by the head official that as the head coach, I would be dq'd if our team received a second misconduct penalty. Needless to say our coaches were much more reserved the rest of the day. 

Two different events.  Just hope we don’t see double standards.  If we are going to punish a 14 year old for making a bad decision in a regional placement match a parent shouldn’t get a pass. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Two different events.  Just hope we don’t see double standards.  If we are going to punish a 14 year old for making a bad decision in a regional placement match a parent shouldn’t get a pass. 

Agreed, couldn’t have said it any better myself. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Chris Duke said:

Anyone know if the kid was kicked out of state by his coach or was is it a decision made by the board?

I think it’s obvious where I’m going w/ this.

3 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

What I understand he was dq'd for punching. So he did not place/ qualify for state.  I may not have gotten the real story.

Dq’d for throwing elbows from top position to the back of the kids neck. They were in the 3rd/4th place match. 

3 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

Wow. Ok way different than the story I got. 

So now what?  Does he wrestle?

As far as I know, no he does not. He wasn’t on the podium at regionals. A kid from Montgomery Co I believe was awarded 4th place. 

6 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

Wow. Ok way different than the story I got. 

So now what?  Does he wrestle?

No, hes out.  This post just went way off topic.

17 hours ago, Bruin Fan said:

Enjoyed watching live stream of the matches. Good move Tyler.

I didn't realize it was streaming until the tournament started.  I've been watching some of the matches I missed.  Great upgrade MS Board!!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Braves coach said:

I agree. I just rewatched when the ref got knocked out.

What match was that? We where on the mat next to it and I only saw the commotion afterwards.

Live stream was cool i got to watch several matches from the house hete in NKY. Hey Duke see I told you I wasnt that bad. I've

3 hours ago, Chris Duke said:

I didn't realize it was streaming until the tournament started.  I've been watching some of the matches I missed.  Great upgrade MS Board!!

not been kicked out of a tourney. 

On 1/28/2018 at 10:19 PM, Bruin Fan said:

Enjoyed watching live stream of the matches. Good move Tyler.

Our kids (Along with myself!) thought was really cool. Does anyone know if the youth state tournament will be live streamed as well? I would think would be something that would help promote growth among the youth ranks 

On 1/28/2018 at 1:40 PM, Chris Duke said:

How is it a double standard?

On 1/28/2018 at 1:59 PM, MLee said:

Anyone know if the kid was kicked out of state by his coach or was is it a decision made by the board?

I think it’s obvious where I’m going w/ this.

Not so obvious but maybe that's because it's me and I often miss the obvious hehe. For us slow folk out in western KY can you please not speak in code?